HELP PLEASE!!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

nubira88

re

Post by nubira88 »

hey as for your powersteering pulley try my chain wrench and rag idea if you have a wrench...... as for the stem seals use a small holepunch that will wedge in there nicely tap her in and wiggle the old seal caps out yeah well that would be why for engine is fucked didnt you rotate the belt completly before pulling it down? good luck
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

thought i did. i have the bolts from the pully off. it doesnt fit past the pump and the wheel well so i cant pull it out. and for the belt. i thought i did. i guess not.
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

does anyone know a trick to putting on them damn valve locks? it took me 4 hours almost to get the eight sets on for the intake valves... this shit sucks guys, lol
nubira88

re

Post by nubira88 »

settle grettle rome wasnt built in a day......... if you have lubed your valves with engine oil they should stick around shafts try screwing your spring compressor if you are not already doing so lock it in and screw it up rather than use the handle all the time i put my spring and cap on and pushed the keepers in place not locked though then "slowly" screwed the compressor up and down got it to a possie used a screw driver and gently taped or push the into position or in luck they may fall inplace themselves really quite easy move out to natural light rather than shed light is good also and if you scratch your valves stem like i did with one of myne sand it a lil on was being a complete prick lol the timing belt was harder than this job i think though this was time consuming and seeing as you have a lano even harder take it easy :)
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

ok so got the timing belt on after 3 hours of trying. everything lines up. got the engine back together with all the new seals. got the exhaust manifold on. i have to get the intake manifold on, the injectors, the heater hose and a few other things, and i am good to go.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Nice! You are an expert.
Before you bump the starter don't forget to hand turn crankshaft two full clockwise turns to be certain there are no valves/pistons collision.
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

yeah will be sure to do that. right now i am having problems with the injectors. they wont go into their holes in the engine. anyone know why that would be?
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Did you lubricate Oring injector's with engine oil?
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

thanks for that tip, it did the trick

so guys

got some good news and some bad.

so i got everything put back together, jumped in, and tried to start, nothing, not at all

i was pissed

jumped out pissed off and glairing at my engine, thought to myself, coilpack, last thing to be put in, did i plug it in? i checked. NO i didnt. haha

so i pluged it in

jumped in the car

and first try it jumped to life

loud as hell thanks to me only having the exhaust manifold on. lol

backed it out of the garage and realized i had water shooting out from under the hood.

popped it up and my thermostat housing was leaking.

i bought a gasket kit off of ebay, came with a o ring for the thermostat. i took the old one off which wasnt that old since i replaced it not to long ago and put the one that i got on, well i think it is to small, like isnt thick enough, and i lost the old one, so i will be running to the kia dealer where i got the thermostat from and buying a new ring from them

i am so freaking siked to have my car back, i just spent a week before it broke down integrating a touch screen into the dash. now i can actually use it! =]

thank you to every single one of you soo much for helping me out over the last month or so. you have no clue how thankful i am.
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

so hooked up the tach and my car is ideling at 2000 rpms. i think i might have a loose bolt on the intake manifold, any other ideas? and it was smoking a little from the engine, thinking this is normal for the first start up?
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

well its back down to 1000 for the rpm. now big problems. water in the oil. its a brand new head gasket.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

did you change the oil when you did every thing? i know it sounds like a stupid question but some people might not think to

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

well i drained the oil before i pulled the head off. then when i got it all back together i filled it up, think water might have gotten into the oil holes? and my injector keeps comming out of the fuel rail so there is now gas all over my engine bay.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you prolly got some water in there when you did every thing. i say get new oil, filter and do an oil change. sorry i cant help you with the injector problem as ive neve had to mess with mine

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

ok i will try that. another problem, i think when cleaning up the garage someone might have thrown away the fuel rail brackets. the ones to hold it to the engine, anyone know where i can get some? or how to make them?