Drilled air box

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mab57

Drilled air box

Post by mab57 »

I have a nubira estate 1.6SE and am trying to optimise performance (power). I changed to a K&N panel filter and Bosch super 4 spark plugs but with no real improvements. I am wondering if drilling my air box will have any effect. Has any one tried? I have not removed the air resonator. Also I am using optimax pertrol. Has anyone got any comments/obervations on which petrol is best for my car. Is my car doing the best it can do with 30-60 mph in 3rd at 9.5 sec.
woo
Expert

Re: Drilled air box

Post by woo »

take the silencer off the airbox. I got real improvements by doing that and its free.
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

put a cone filter in the fender itself .. even better then removing resonator... you need to make a pipe then though
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Take a look at mine. Its an idea. I took off the pipe from the air box to the fender wall. Major improvement. Also plugging any and all resonator type boxes on the air line. I have been thinking or drilling the air box but with the two intake style air line i have not done it. also there have been many posts and all these ideas. I think one was performance in 5 or 10 min. i forget though. That was a big one with tons of info.

Alex