msd to daewoo driver

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

Great Job guys, I am deffinately interested, just let me know when all the "kink"(if there are any) are worked out and the price. THat is a great job that you guys did. :D
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

sorry Woohoo i was a bit harsh. Wasn't in a good mood yesterday. I understand. Sorry I'm just a jack ass sometimes
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

So will this and using an MSD ignition help the idle responce on my woo? I hate it when I hit the gas and it takes for ever for the idle to come back down
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

thats do to emisions not the ignition
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Oh yeah like what ? and what can I do to stop it?
WooHoo wrote:thats do to emisions not the ignition
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

richardmatalon wrote:let me know when all the "kink"(if there are any) are worked out and the price.
There shouldn't be any "kinks" but I do plan to redesign it slightly so that it uses better components. ( higher power handling capacity)

The changes are minor... but I will have to send a sample to WooHoo to ensure that it works good.

I also looked at the 2.0L and 2.2L I purchased in Montana and they both have the exact same coil driver setup.

The price is yet to be determined but I will ensure that the pricing is very good for all you Daewootech.com forum guys.
damian007vk
Super

what i can do to help the cause

Post by damian007vk »

yo, dont put the project on hold afraid of possibly burning your ecu...i have 2 spare ones in case you ever need one......If you want...I will just trade you one set (when available) for an ECU....i have them in both manual and auto....i can provide the codes stuck on the back of them if you guys which.....n e ways...if I can help in other way..just let me know...and according to the msd guys..they told me a long time ago when i went to install the dis-2 that i needed the dis-2 plug 2 tach adaptors, plus 2 coils, plus an extra 2 adaptors for the coils for everything to work the way it should....which wasnt really to cost effective....So guys....you have the unconditional support of many of us here...just keep on with the progress....just consider the testing, stronger/better/ more durable components, and a better overall look....maybe something like the pic below..(functionality over beauty...but heck...a little beauty doesnt hurt to much right..LOL)..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33691
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33692

Functionally...it is probably going to be very similar to somehint like this also made for dis-2 systems

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

pretty little box... i can get a bunch of pretty boxes that will do absolutly nothing but take up room and put it in there and charge lot more money for it because its pretty.

or we can stick it in something thats 1 1/2" x 1" x 1" and sell it to you for way way less

hmm that plasma booster looks like a coil charging unit and would do no good for the daewoo coils, would end up fring the driver

testing will go on..... im not afriad to fry my ecu, but here is my situation

i dont make very much money a year and just yesterday i went to the doctor because of my hand, after spending 6 hours in the hospital and taking multiple test and X-Rays, i was sent to pick up pain killers and told to rest and return tomorrow. after reveiwing the results with the doctor i was then sent to the ER, i was sent to the ER to have my hand operated on before it got any worse, well when i got to the ER the surgen was in an operation so a doctor came took a look at me, then after 2 hours i was put on an IV antibiotics that took 10 minutes and then waited 2 more hours for him to return. he then returned and told me that he will not operate on my hand and that im to return tomorrow for more antibiotics, and sent me home with the IV in my arm. well i seen the X-Rays of my hand and when there is something in my joint causing my thumb stiffin up and not move at all and i know it needs surgery. i dont know what im going to do because i wont be able to afford the bills and they dont seem care or know whats going on with my finger and dont know how to fix it.

you dont realize how much you need your left thumb until you dont have it,

like:
hitting the space bar on the keyboard
opening doors
turning your driving lights on
turning the steering wheel
picking just about anything up
trying to work on your car...
open a pill bottle

so maybe tomorrow before my doctor apointment i will TRY to wire the MSD box in and relocate my battery to the Hatch, i was wanting to purchase an optima battery but im poor now so i wont be spending any more money on the woo for a while
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Sorry to hear that I hope things work out with your hand
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

WooHoo wrote:i will post the part numbers i have, but any 4 tower coil pack msd makes would be great

the only draw back is you have to go to the dealership or junk yard and get a connector for them

i have to head out to the doctor, really hard to type with hurting hand and no thumb movement
What connectors are you talking about?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

after market coil packs... they are plug and play and need stock connectors

Mitsubishi 4-Tower PN 8229

Ford Coil Pack, 4-Tower for 1995-1998 PN 8241
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

ok here she goes..

hooking everything up right now, and putting my new optima battery in the hatch
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

well it's Sunday. Did it work?
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

yeah it works, it has always worked..

i ran out of wire so my i didnt get too hook up my battery like planed

and i havnt drivin it around yet but when i finish making the box for my msd unit ill take some pictures
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

holy crap guys, the power is nuts, the sound the smoothness

man i love this

right off the start you feel it... and hear it, the sound of the car is so much better sounds more like a.... ferrari motor... well maybe not but sounds sweet as hell everything running copasetic, cant wait to get that turbo and piggy back unit on there now

maybe ill go eat lunch and tune the ignition with my laptop :twisted:

as for part numbers and pricings

now this is what i got, and there is plenty other ones out there you can buy as along as its made for a DIS car

msd dis 2 programamble
ImageItem # MSD-6212 = $600 US dollors - i paid about $350 and was shipped over night for free, i ordered it off a guy on ebay who sold tons of drag racing stuff, i dont remember who he was but he was the shit, he didnt have it listed so i dont have the auction listing

msd 4 tower coils
ImageItem # MSD-8239 = $80 US dollors - i paid $50 - same guy

msd 8.5 super wire builk
ImageItem # MSD-34039 = $14 - internet