Lanos Sport Turbo (C20LET/F28) ;)

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

I was too confident in my driving skills... Well, Yeah, I know that car it was 100HP, then, 150HP, then 172HP, then nitrous, then 200HP, then 250HP... You know... I thought that there is no surprises for me as I new that car inside out... It disadvantages and everything...

But I was wrong... I didn't treat with respect that kind of power we mapped that day.. 0.9bar... I thought, well I was driving 250HP for 3 months what is another 40 or 50HP's?! Nothing... Right?

I was drag racing on 200m (1/8mile). Actually it was 200m with racing and braking...So, every time I was racing there before I would fill second and maybe shift the 3rd gear and then brake... This time, the car was pulling so strong I manage to shift the 3rd gear, and almost fill up the 3rd gear... Now was the problem, that this was to much speed for braking in 20-30m... And the road was slippery... And I was braking and saw, I could crash in to the concrete wall or the parked car... I have chosen the car as it was less deadly.. Pulled the e-brake, spin-rotated the car and crashed it to another car... Not in the wall...

:oops:
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

thats a bummer bro. even if you cant fix the car, at very least you are alive. hope you can revive the woo though.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

I will. Everything in the good time...
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

haha that sounds awesome!! you are living a fast and furious movie hahahaha!

nah, seriously, thats a terrible thing to happen.

Thats why you dont race on the street :lol:
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Why not?! Why it is than called street racing, if you don't do it in streets?! :lol:

The problem is too much power I wasn't prepared for and didn't treat it with respect...
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

mr_g wrote:Why not?! Why it is than called street racing, if you don't do it in streets?! :lol:

The problem is too much power I wasn't prepared for and didn't treat it with respect...
hope to see some pics of the progress :D
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

mr_g wrote:Why not?! Why it is than called street racing, if you don't do it in streets?! :lol:

haha you could die?!

and then who would build a 300hp daewoo!
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

300HP daewoo isn't problem... To be honest, I didn't treat it with respect because daewoo wouldn't urn respect with it's brand and I didn't want to believe I have a knowledge (me, myself) to tune and map the 300HP 2 litre engine... So I have ignored the signs of incoming danger...

Anyway I did tune it and did make a Korean beast what ever everybody says... Well, driving is another story... :lol:
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

I would be happy with 100hp...

...then 200hp

...then 300 muahahahaha :badgrin:
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

its good that you dont blame the car for the accident. im not trying to make fun of you so please dont takeit as that. there are alot of people that would have jsut said "fucking daewoo, figures this korean piece of shit cant hendle any real power, fuck this car!" it takes a real madn to admit when he has made a mistake.

cant wait to see Lanos ST v2.0, good luck with the repairs!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Hope you get it fixed soon btw, and yeah, 300bhp through the front wheels i'm sure would get a bit iffy at times. besta luck and looking forward to seeing the new [and most likely improved] turbo'd opel/daewoo lovechild.

[Ps, yeah i basically copied what you said mofo.. But i did actually mean it, hard to rephrase it so it doesnt sound identical, when you've said everything that needs to be said lol]
SAZ
---------------------
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Yeah everybody shits on a daewoo (so automatically, I did it too in my mind) but I must say lanos is a great car... Yeah, it's a bit ugly on 13'' wheels and high like an SUV, with ugly interier, but Lanos Sport has a nice body kit with nice interier and with some big wheels and big discs inside and lower springs they look really nice...

But what people don't understand that lanos is a reliable car with nice economy... Really great quality car (other than that ugly plastics inside the car)... It's standing with 3 times greater power then stock. That is something worth a respect.. I don't think that BMW M3 could stand 900HP?! Or it would?! I don't think so...

Anyway, I have some ideas how to make the front suspension a bit stiffer to take that kind of torque that engine is producing...

On the straight line, the first 3 gears on the boost and I'm driving like rally car and fighting with the car to stay on that straight line... The front wheels and the front of the chasy is swinging and twisting in all ways... Like that song: "Lets twist again..." :lol:
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

love ur lanos looks very nice, i get 290whp with my 1.5l 16v engine, almost 300hp jejejej, im runing at 12s at 1/4 mille and is very exiting to see my car smoked imprezas and hondas with more money than my car!!!!!
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

That was my general plan to get in to the 12s... I would have already did it if I didn't crash the damn car... :lol:

Alto I'm it the puzzle how did you get over 300HP on 1.5l engine?! Maybe water injection helped? BTW, 290whp is over 300HP.. I would say 320-330HP on flywheel....
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

im talking about 290 hp at the wheels!!!!!!!!

i get almost 300hp with an excellent preparation of the engine and also programable ecu, remeber my engine is a G15MF from opel Kadett E (astra mk2), is a very powerfull engine, and im using a 16v head from ecotec gsi engine 1.6L.

bigger its not better always................
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER