Turbo Optra - Now on tuned Haltech @ 225whp

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

nice job bro, if you buy drag slicks you should run at 13s!, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Thanks to my stupid city that doesn't know how to fix roads........... I destroyed my oil pan!!!

I'm soooo mad right now :gib:

Pictures to follow shortly....
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
exist3nce
Expert

Pictures of the event..

Post by exist3nce »

The Scene... They did some road construction and left way too big of a drop in the area they dug up :( And no signs saying to slow down. It was an 80 km/hr zone, and you really needed to slow down to about 20km/hr for this!!!!

Fantastic how the marginally-reflective sign is knocked down...... even if it was up........ WTF does that mean?? A pogo stick up your ass?!?!

Cops showed up after the same thing happened to about 4-5 other cars

Image Image Image

This is where it happened..... first drop causes the car to dive down, then smacks into that metal piece!!!

Image Image

The aftermath....... downpipe flange gets pushed through the oil pan :cry:

Image Image Image

What a shitty night...... I just hope the motor is OK :cry:
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

OMG!!!!

sorry to see that bro... hope you get it fixed soon

i recon as long as you didn't leave the engine running with no oil then you are OK... thinks like this happens all the time 'cause our roads are messed up by default, saw the same thing happened to a jetta but it was due to a partially open sewer cover... the cover smashed the drain plug area and car dropped all its oil in seconds... engine survived crash as driver turned it off as soon as he heared the smash

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

that's some shit luck, will the city cover the charges? perhaps they will give you a rental if you bitch enough... then you could have the clutch kit done at the same time and not be without a car.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Did the downpipe/exhaust get damaged much? Looks like a right mess, but relativly easy fixed at least. Hope your compensation for the recovery truck and for the damage.
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

thats some shitty luck bro, as long as you didnt run the car with no oil you should be fine. the city/county should have to pay for the repairs, towing and a rental.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

i hope this story has a happy ending ...
sh!t happens mostly because of irresponsible people
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
exist3nce
Expert

Update

Post by exist3nce »

So we had it up on the hoist today.......... bad news.... more than just the oil pan took damage. The downpipe is bent upwards and the midpipe is also bent along with the flex joint wrecked as well. We still don't know if the turbo or manifold took any damage :(

I've called my city in regards to this and had to leave a message...... I wonder what the chances are that they will do anything for me.
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

If you are in SIngapore, the somthing that they will be doing is.....

you will be slapped with a $500 dollar fine and your vehicle will be compounded (confiscated) for illegal modification.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

your city should pull it's pinger out off there asre's, and give a shit load of money to you
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

kinkyllama
Expert

Re: Update

Post by kinkyllama »

exist3nce wrote:So we had it up on the hoist today.......... bad news.... more than just the oil pan took damage. The downpipe is bent upwards and the midpipe is also bent along with the flex joint wrecked as well. We still don't know if the turbo or manifold took any damage :(

I've called my city in regards to this and had to leave a message...... I wonder what the chances are that they will do anything for me.
In Arizona I've heard of a couple tuners getting compensated for this kind of stuff. One guy had several thousand $ worth of damage
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

if you were in Egypt... no one will give a damn about you

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Hey bad luck man sorry to hear this - DAMN road engineers :evil: - -hope the damage is contained to the piping only. As long as you did not continue driving with an oilpressure light lit your engine should be OK. If you were in South Africa and you phoned them all reply you would get is - "Eishhh... is not our prooooblem" :roll:
Nothing is impossible....it just costs more!!!!\

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

368KW/611Nm on wheels @ 2.4bar
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Nubaroo wrote:Hey bad luck man sorry to hear this - DAMN road engineers :evil: - -hope the damage is contained to the piping only. As long as you did not continue driving with an oilpressure light lit your engine should be OK. If you were in South Africa and you phoned them all reply you would get is - "Eishhh... is not our prooooblem" :roll:
I hope its just the pan and piping only as well...... When I shut off the engine, the oil pressure light had not come on yet, so I'm thinking it should be ok.

Thanks everyone else for your comments! Its times like these where my custom modded daily driver gets me down :(

I've been in contact with the city, and I'm going through the ropes to try to get some compensation..... hopefully something comes of it.