Suspension noise under hadr accelleration/braking - Pls help

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nubaroo
Expert

Suspension noise under hadr accelleration/braking - Pls help

Post by Nubaroo »

Hi there all.

My car is making a loud "cluck" noise when I accellerate hard and then the same noise if I brake hard??? I have replaced the control arms, the schocks and the car has a slightly dropped front suspension with firmer springs. If I accellerate normally all is fine....it`s just when I hammer the car. I have been under the car and i have tightened EVERY suspension bolt I could see, including the ones that hold the subframe to the body itself - still the same "clack" noise???

Any ideas on this anyone???
Nothing is impossible....it just costs more!!!!\

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

368KW/611Nm on wheels @ 2.4bar
corsaboy

Post by corsaboy »

is it not your drive shaft what makes the noise?

Or maybe your diff..
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

If it was making the noise under accelleration only I would think it could be, but it does the noise thing when I also just brake hard - therefore I tend to think more suspension???

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

control arm bushings are probably busted... common problem with nubiras down here

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Wishbone bushes or loose wishbone back bolt. That, or the ball joint in the wish bones fooked. Could also be the strut top too thinking about it.
SAZ
---------------------
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Pir0 wrote:Wishbone bushes or loose wishbone back bolt. That, or the ball joint in the wish bones fooked. Could also be the strut top too thinking about it.
I have replaced the complete control arms about 10 000KM`s ago. Granted these are not designed for 264KW/477NM on the front wheels :D :D :D The car has done 330 000KM, and I have never changed the "top shock" mountings....maybe I should look at this????

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Yeah, check to see if the 2 strut top bolts are tight. I've heard them knock under braking and accel. But really, check your control arms, or wishbones, whatever you like calling them. I'm still leaning towards that.
SAZ
---------------------
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Thanks Pir0 - the top bolts on the shock mountings are tight - checked them. Will check out the control arms and bushes - hopefully nothing can "fall off the car" whilst running my 1/4 mile @ 180KM/H