quick question about all the stuff on the pipes

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

sheepdizildawg
Expert

quick question about all the stuff on the pipes

Post by sheepdizildawg »

hey, just removed exhaust. ok so the thing right after the manifold is a catylitic converter.. what about after that. there are the flex pipes.. another big box, some more pipe, another big round thing... more pipe, then my muffler... the first one is a catylitic converter, then what are the next 2 pipes?
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

resonators. helps keep your exhaust quiet.
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

well the first one was a cat.. the stuff was all smashed and turned side ways. so i removed it all.. the second one was a cat converter as well.. so i left that one on there.. and the third was a resignator so left that one too. the woo is back!! I am soo happy i can drive my own car again.. i have no clue why it was like that...
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

Yeah you are going to want to remove the pipe that the second cat is attached to and bang it on the ground so that all the material from your first cat is not blocking the second cat which in turn gives loss of power and possibly a situation in which the backpressure is so high that it breaks your engine.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

yeah i made sure the whole pipe was cleared out
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

thats a dif. set up than the aveo, i had in this order off the mani: cat. converter-downpipe/flexpipe-resoator-another resonator-muffler.

/end hijack.
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

oh. yeah. i didnt know i had two cats.. i didnt know the first one was until i took it off of the manifold. thats where it was broken. i have no clue how it got broken there... if anything i thought it would have broken the other one.. this leads me to something else.. the resignator.. i am thinking about removing it.. what you guys think?? i like it loud.. i started the car with only the manifold one. sooo freaking loud. to loud. i was hitting 20 mph in 3rd gear.. almost red line.. no back pressure at all. haha.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the aveo is obd2 right? i believe its 2 cats, resonator, muffler. i think every obd2 car has 2 cats, i may be wrong but im pretty sure they have 2.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

so i lost a lot of low end torque because i lost some back pressure.. how do i go abouts getting it all back?? will removing the resignator and putting a straight pipe in its place throw some back pressure in there?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the more things you take out nad replace with a straight pipe the less back pressure you will have.

sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

i havnt tooken anything out and replaced it with a pipe, just removed inside of the cat.. i know.. same thing.. but was just noting that..any easy way of getting some back pressure other than spending the money on a new cat?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

put in a nother resonator

sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

just took out the resignator and put in a glass pack i had in the garage... quited down the sound and feels like i have my power back =]