How to do a custom exhaust and header with emissions laws?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AveoTuner2004

How to do a custom exhaust and header with emissions laws?

Post by AveoTuner2004 »

Hello, I have an 04 Aveo LS that I want to get a custom exhaust and header but I live in Pennsylvania and I am not sure if this is going to work.

I was looking at the stock cat which I wanted to totally move the location to under the car instead of right after the header, but I see the o2 sensor at the header flange which is ok but then right after the stock cat is the second o2 senser.

I wanted to have a 4-2-1 header made that would keep the first o2 senser but I didnt see until today that the second o2 senser is right where the down pipe starts to curve. This seems like I am going to fail emissions test if I move them. Plus I am not sure if I will even get a correct temp reading if I move the second o2 senser further down.

My plan was to have a 4-2-1 header that would have a short down pipe into the 1 section where I want to have a mangnaflow precat installed followed by a 10" flex pipe and then a standard magnaflow cat.

I just wonder if I should sell the crap I bought now and give up cause it seems like I am gonna run into problems. I already found out I will fail the visual emissions inspection just by moving the cat down under the car.

Is it possible in Pennsylvania to mod a late model OBDII equiped car? It seems since the car is only a month old I should just forget about it and leave it stock.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I don't believe that you would have a problem passing visual inspection since you'll still have the equipment installed on your car, just in a different location.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com