Optra vs Mazda3

A place to post pictures and videos about daewoo's and other cars/bikes racing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

exist3nce
Expert

Optra vs Mazda3

Post by exist3nce »

With my 3 mods (CAI, 2.25" catback, and 360 UD pulley) I can beat a 148HP Mazda3 :D

Full story here: http://www.suzuki-forums.com/street-enc ... azda3.html
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Mazda 3's have a 2.3l same engine that was put in some of the 03-04 Ford focus Yes 148 HP stock. I would say that was a draw!
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Brian5475E wrote:Mazda 3's have a 2.3l same engine that was put in some of the 03-04 Ford focus Yes 148 HP stock. I would say that was a draw!
Theres 2 choices of engines for the Mazda3 sedan, 148hp 2.0L and 160hp 2.3L. I would agree its very close, but I was still ahead :lol:
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

very nice race, but what was the mazda an auto or stick?

If it was a stick it would say that it would had you for lunch but an auto will not.

With my old car a Lumina (auto) 3.0L, I raced 5 times with my friend sunfire (stick) 2.4L

The first race I won cuz I launched before him and the other 4 times I had no chance at all. :lol:

On 1/4 mile he was one car lenght away ahead from me.
T18SED Engine.

Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

rr__kroz123 wrote:very nice race, but what was the mazda an auto or stick?

If it was a stick it would say that it would had you for lunch but an auto will not.

With my old car a Lumina (auto) 3.0L, I raced 5 times with my friend sunfire (stick) 2.4L

The first race I won cuz I launched before him and the other 4 times I had no chance at all. :lol:

I thought the lumina was heavy though, and i know the 99' only had 160hp stock (aside from the LTZ model which had 200hp)
I thing the weight kinda held the engine back... If i remember right curb weight on those things is over 3000 pounds...

~Kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

Aneab wrote:

I thought the lumina was heavy though, and i know the 99' only had 160hp stock (aside from the LTZ model which had 200hp)
I thing the weight kinda held the engine back... If i remember right curb weight on those things is over 3000 pounds...

~Kyle
well yeah the Lumina is that heavy you're right, well mine was year 1996.
I thought that the engine made 200hp stock ohh well I quess I was wrong.
T18SED Engine.

Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

rr__kroz123 wrote:
Aneab wrote:

~Kyle
well yeah the Lumina is that heavy you're right, well mine was year 1996.
I thought that the engine made 200hp stock ohh well I quess I was wrong.
I"ve driven one, great smooth ride cars... nothing in the road is felt when you're driving one, and you feel like you're going like 10mph when you're doing like... 55mph... I love them for trips, definately great cars for trips...

But back to the topic, yeah Was a nice video I enjoyed watching it, would be better if it were on a track and we could see times and such =)
a woo that is a work in progress
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

heheh thanks for the comments guys. The mazda was auto, but he brake torqued the launch, and i was a bit slow to react. Thats why he was initially ahead of me on the last race.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

well done man.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267