Revving

A place to post pictures and videos about daewoo's and other cars/bikes racing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Alpine

Revving

Post by Alpine »

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=IMAG001972

Take a look at this little video of a Honda CRV being revved. Notice something very disturbing?
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Rev limiters at 5k? Maybe he set it to be at 5k??
04aveohb
Junior

Post by 04aveohb »

yeah...? I mean 5k is sortta low, I would set mine with a 6k redline AT 6k, maybe just before
2004 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's
evilaveo

Post by evilaveo »

Actually most cars have a lower rpm at stand still because there is nothing to move, therefore an engine that is not doing any work will tend to be "loose" internally. Thin about a gallon of chocolate milk that you are trying to shake extremely hard, then think about shaking that hard without the gallon of chocolate milk in yer hands. Or better yet a ten pound ball on the end of a rope that you are swinging like a hammer/shotput (olympics) then take it away and watch yourself fall on yer face. :D
I eat salad with my hands
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

True, cars have certain Rev limiters in neutral so the lack of resistance made by the tires and axles doesn't allow the car to damage the engine. I've had it happen when I was shifting my Lanos AT from 1 all the way up to D and it accidently slipped into N. The car started making that noise at about 4500 RPM and I knew I hit the neutral limiter. However, in gear, the limit is like 6200 RPM or something (no tach to check) whereas on my Honda the AT shifts at 6500 under WOT.

Hondas have fairly high revving engines with power on the top end and power that is more balanced than our own engines (no low end, powerful high RPM in my car). The S2000 can rev to 9000. Its only ricer boys that give Hondas their bad name.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Well, I don't know any manual cars that have a lower rev limiter in neutral... maybe it's just an automatic thing...