0 - 100 My car is a turd!!!

A place to post pictures and videos about daewoo's and other cars/bikes racing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

with excess weight may make you reach the rev limiter slower, but not increase max speed, a tach always makes you seem to go faster, cause you can get to the rev limiter without "bouncing off of it" then shifting
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

TxDAEWOOxT wrote:Would the weight of the car make any diff. of the speed at which the rev limiter kicks in?

For example.... if i had 5 peeps in my car, and was trying to race. the extra weight in the car wouldnt let me get to the desired speed for that gear. It would get to the rpm range that would engage the rev-limiter but not the speed. I geuss my question is.... If i lightened the car would i be able to get more speed out of each gear or would it still cut out at the same speed and just get there faster?
I don't think the rev limiter changes based on weight. I'm 99% sure its set at a certain RPM and thats it.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
TxDAEWOOxT
Expert

Post by TxDAEWOOxT »

TxDAEWOOxT wrote:Would the weight of the car make any diff. of the speed at which the rev limiter kicks in?

For example.... if i had 5 peeps in my car, and was trying to race. the extra weight in the car wouldnt let me get to the desired speed for that gear. It would get to the rpm range that would engage the rev-limiter but not the speed. I geuss my question is.... If i lightened the car would i be able to get more speed out of each gear or would it still cut out at the same speed and just get there faster?
Thats exaclty what im saying. With more weight in the car you wont get to the speed that you would without weight. you would get to the rpm to cut out.

Its getting off topic in here check new post in aftermarket.
2001 Lanos 1.6
--1.25 Eibach Pro kit
--2 1/4 Pro 1 catback
--custom intake (short ram)
--port and polished head
--port and polished TB
--port and polished intake manifold
--Kenwood head
--Pioneer noise
http://www.myspace.com/txhtownxt
TxDAEWOOxT
Expert

Post by TxDAEWOOxT »

exist3nce wrote:

I don't think the rev limiter changes based on weight. I'm 99% sure its set at a certain RPM and thats it.

Yes you are correct it is set on rpm not on weight.
2001 Lanos 1.6
--1.25 Eibach Pro kit
--2 1/4 Pro 1 catback
--port and polished head
--port and polished TB
--Kenwood head
--Pioneer noise
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

well if you have like 1k in the car it would be slower to generate the rpms to the rev limiter quickly in the higher gears lol
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
TxDAEWOOxT
Expert

Post by TxDAEWOOxT »

i was more concerned with 1st-3rd.

go to weight reduction in aftermarket
2001 Lanos 1.6
--1.25 Eibach Pro kit
--2 1/4 Pro 1 catback
--port and polished head
--port and polished TB
--Kenwood head
--Pioneer noise
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

why does evryone's rev-limit speeds seem lower than mine (well some are almos the same) ?

here's mine:
1st: 30mph
2nd: 50mph
3rd: 80mph
4th: 115mph
5th... unknown... it won't go faster than 115mph

might try get a vid of it sometime.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.