CHEVROLET SCORES FIRST PODIUM FINISH IN MONZA

The latest rumors, news on vehicles, press Releases, new models lauches and general Automotive news.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Efratech
Admin

CHEVROLET SCORES FIRST PODIUM FINISH IN MONZA

Post by Efratech »

Textbook Teamwork And Stellar Drives Score Points For Menu and Larini

MONZA, April 2nd, 2006 ? The Chevrolet WTCC team started their 2006 season in the best possible way by having Alain Menu on the podium and Nicola Larini finishing in the points, while Rob Huff showed the potential of the Chevrolet Lacetti by gritty drives in both races, which unfortunately did not net points due to race incidents.

That team result would come in the second race when Menu and Huff showed some exemplary teamwork after an eventful first race. In the second race, Menu dropped to 14th at the start, right in front of Huff, who had started 19th but already ran in 15th after the first lap. From then on the two blue cars worked together like Siamese twins. ?I called on the radio to let the team know that I would protect Alain?s position,? Huff said.

And so he did. Lap by lap the two Chevrolets picked off the competitors, until they ran in 4th and 5th going into the last lap, inches behind the third placed car. ?I was now or never,? Menu said. ?I went on the inside of Rydell at the second Variante corner, despite the braking being a bit wobbly. I had a bit of a moment when I came out of the chicane just ahead of Rydell, and then he spun.? Chevrolet?s first podium finish was a fact. The spinning SEAT, however, left Rob Huff with nowhere to go, and the unfortunate Brit collided with Rydell. He still managed to limp to the finish in 12th.

Nicola Larini also had an eventful weekend. ?In the first race I had a good start, but I got hit in the first chicane and then again in the Lesmo corners. I lost all traction and it was just impossible to continue, so I came in for repairs to be in good shape for the second race.? In the second race, Larini drove the race of races by starting a distant 27th and finish a point-scoring 7th!

Chevrolet Europe?s Executive Director, Wayne Brannon, had his first WTCC experience in the best possible way. ?It is great to see the synergy and passion that racing brings to the brand,? he said. ?The dealers and guests we had invited here today were energized by the whole event, and it is that feeling that we try to bring to the brand every day. This Chevrolet race team is a bunch of very dedicated people, the way we should all be every day.?

Race 3 and 4 of the 2006 WTCC take place in Magny Cours, France, on April 30th.

MONZA RACE 1 RESULTS

1 A Priaulx (BMW 320si) 11 laps (63.723kms) in 25m44s220
2 Y Muller (SEAT Leon) + 3s534
3 J Thompson (SEAT Leon) + 4s378
4 D M?ller (BMW 320si) + 4s667
5 G Tarquini (SEAT Leon) + 7s332
10 A Menu (Chevrolet Lacetti) + 14s871
19 R Huff (Chevrolet Lacetti) + 32s291
27 N Larini (Chevrolet Lacetti) + 2 laps

MONZA RACE 2RESULTS
1 Farfus (Alfa Romeo 156) 9 laps (52.137kms) in 18m37s438
2 Y Muller (SEAT Leon) + 0s951
3 A Menu (Chevrolet Lacetti) + 2s580
4 A Balzan (Alfa Romeo 156) + 3s924
5 J Gene (SEAT Leon) + 5s721
7 N Larini (Chevrolet Lacetti) + 7s895
12 R Huff (Chevrolet Lacetti) + 13s25
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

i deffo like this pic, too bad that aint the daewoo logo