Chevy Aveo X-Treme

The latest rumors, news on vehicles, press Releases, new models lauches and general Automotive news.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Chevy Aveo X-Treme

Post by GsiTurbo »

Hi Guys!

I was browsing thru the pictures of the recent SEMA autoshow, and run onto this....Aveo X-Treme. I think it looks good! Reminds me a little bit of the Renault Clio Williams V6 :lol:

While the engine, apart from the CAI, is nearly stock, the rest of the vehicle has been very nicely modified. I like it! I see a growing number of Aveos here in Toronto, and the more I look at them, the more I think they make a very good city commuter.

Post by Goldenboy »

Yeah the thing I don't like about the extreme is first...the color and second they don't have it in dealer...you got to order it from GM directly :(

Mat 8)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Do you guys know what size of tires the extreme has?

I noticed the tires seem to come to the outside of the body flares so they must be pretty wide.

I like the body kit and the color doesn't turn me off like it does on so many of the modified car out there.

Usually I hate green but this one doesn't bug me for some reason.

I wonder if you can order the body kit from GM..... I wonder if it would fit the Lanos with some modification

So this car can be ordered directly from GM??

Hmmm..... I wonder what they would give me on a trade in..... it would be interesting to do a 2.0L swap into this AVEO.... it would certainly be unique and bring some of the AVEO guys to our site.

Anyone know the pricetag for this car?

Does it come in different colors?
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

I had my info searchng on the net for aveo extrem. Have a look there is even a e-mail you can send to the gyrl in charge of the orders.

Mat 8)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

do you have a link to this email section?

Is it on the GM Canada site??

......on another note the rims are 18" according to one review of the SEMA show.
Last edited by PrecisionBoost on Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Here are some other pics of the Aveo Extreme...

GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Damn! This keeps looking better and better!

Post by mocpac »

This is for real?
ImageImage
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

it would be interesting to do a 2.0L swap into this AVEO
Hey Chris...how about C20SED with a turbo upgrade? Now...then this would be a one faaaast, quick and go-kart like pocket-rocket. Back in the early 90s, Renault 5 was very nicely modified in europe, with the engine tuned to around 250bhp... The new Aveo might have the same kind of success, if released as a 2dr hatchaback
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I just got the newest "superstreet" magazine and it had a "test drive" column on the AVEO.

They didn't slam it..... which is a big surprise from a bunch of JDM lovers.

They even showed the AVEO Extreme and said it was factory turbocharged.

I'm asuming that this is a turbo on the standard 1.6L which would be sweat since it would fit all of our Daewoo Lanos

I sure do like the looks of it..... also reminds me of several European vehicles....but then again I'd be curious to see what this body kit would do for the looks of a Lanos.

This type of body flare was nearly identical to what I wanted to do with my Lanos.....that would be cool if it was available from GM.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

And then, my friends, there is the Kalos....but not your every-day stock Kalos, but something more unique. I present you with:

Kalos Blue

Altough not as good looking as the X-Treme, Kalos Blue is based on the new Kalos 1.4 16v five-door hatchback. It is the first Daewoo that has been specifically designed to appeal to the younger motorist looking for modern, sporting style and good driving characteristics but without the sting in the tail of high insurance and running costs.

Kalos Blue is not an overt, high performance GTI although with its 94Ps 16 valve engine is no slouch, with a top speed of 109mph and a 0-62mph time of 11.1 seconds. It benefits from all the safety, comfort and convenience equipment that has become a Daewoo hallmark, including twin front and side airbags, power steering, ABS, central door locking, power front and side windows and CD player, but adds full length body-coloured sill finishers and front and rear bumper spoilers, unique 15"x6J alloy wheels finished in high-power silver and shod with 195/50VR-15 tyres, 25mm lowered suspension utilising stiffer springs and a new through-flow rear silencer, with chrome tailpipe, for a more sporting exhaust note. The already light, airy and spacious interior of the five-door body is further improved with a two-tone leather covered steering wheel and leather gear knob, stainless steel door sill kick plates and brushed aluminium detailing for the instruments and facia centre vents.

Source: Motor Cities
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Hate to Burst your bubble, but the extreme is just a concept car. Plus it is super charged not turboed. The wheels are 17 inch. So far no word on if chevy plans to produce this car, but they are going to release the super charger through GM Performance parts.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

in all reality i like the look of the New Cobalts more than any other American Car.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
2o04Aveo

Post by 2o04Aveo »

Brian5475E wrote:Hate to Burst your bubble, but the extreme is just a concept car. Plus it is super charged not turboed. The wheels are 17 inch. So far no word on if chevy plans to produce this car, but they are going to release the super charger through GM Performance parts.
actualy your wrong they are 18"x8" rims thats why they stick out of the widebody kit, and its turboed and not supercharged! Chevy will only produce the parts not the whole car! My Grandpa works with GM's R&D team and he said that all the aftermarket parts on the Aveo Extreme will be avalable by the end of next year!