5th Egyptian Daewoo meet ***NOS RULES***

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

5th Egyptian Daewoo meet ***NOS RULES***

Post by MMamdouh »

yes another meet for the Woo lovers, this time in Rehab city on Friday 27/01/2006... anyone that doesn't know how to go their can meet me and Zikas after the Friday prayers at the Mobil station where we had our second meet.

if you don't know that place either then call me on my mobile and we will come up with something so we can meet halfway or so.

if you don't know my mobile then stay at home and don't come :lol:

so far people that are attending are:

MMamdouh
Zikas
Aymoon
Elhamy201
Yasser
Zorex
Karim
Mohamed Abbas

we will try to get the guy with the 1.8 NOS lancer as well... he lives in rehab and a personal friend of Karim

MMamdouh
Last edited by MMamdouh on Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

another successful meet... this time it was very exciting, Adel the proud owner of the NOS Lancer did show up and we all got the chance to see what NOS is really all about.

first i would like to say that their is only a handfull of cars that got NOS in Egypt so getting to "see" one is a really slim chance... i was lucky enough to test it, i didn't drive it yet just beeing in the passenger seat when the thing kicks in is quite a thrill :twisted:

first a little bit about the car:

it is a standard issue '99 Mitsubishi Lancer with a 1.8 MIVEC engine swap... the engine pumps up to 175HP and its red line is at 8200RPM, the car got 17" rims, K&N filter, front and rear strut bars, koni suspension... its a quite nice car even without the NOS.
http://www.egytuner.com/2005/car/gallery_g13.html

the car is equippted with a 75 shot NOS and we were so eger to see what it can do... with and without the NOS, i clamed the first trialand here is the feedback:

that MIVEC engine is quite a beast... in the first run without hte NOS it felt quite fast, the damn thing really pulls hard and the power is all over the rev band up till 8000 RPM, after the non NOS run i felt that this car is very fast and defenatly should go head to head with the 2.0 Nubira.

now for the NOS run... Adel hit the switch and DAMN :shock: the car was in second gear and the front end felt as if it was going to fly off the road... the acceleration was so strong that you would struggle to lean forward towards the dash... NOS really really works :twisted:

car topped up to 160 kms eforrtless on a relativly short bit of road...i'd need an air strip to get to that speed with my car, now it was time to put the 1.8 Lancer head to head with the Nubira.

we went for a non NOS run as well at first... at the end of first gear the lancer just kept going and going up till 8000 rpm where we shifted to 2nd at 6000... the MIVEC engine built up a gap to us right from the first gear... the other gears were no different... the Lancer is reall really fast.

On the NOS run we had no chance the gap was so big that we gave up the idea of getting even close enough to read the licince plates, Zikas got tempted and he wanted a go as well so he jumped into the lancer and i drove the Nubi.

even with beating the shit out of the 2.0 Nubi it is still no match for the MIVEC engine... the damn thing is really powerful... needles to say that i was totally smoaked during the NOS run :evil: but hey its a 1.8l 175 HP with a 75 shot of NOS... anyone in my seat would be smoaked easy. :lol:

Adel said the Lancer topped up to 240 Kmh before and he is not going to push it any further than this as he doesn't want to blow the engine, he also said he can get a kit for the Nubira... a very tempting offer indeedn specially after we all saw what NOS can do.

here are some pics of the NOS lancer:

and some pics from Egytuner site:

its a real nice car isn't it??

on the Woo side of things, me and Zikas decided to get the grill and headlights painted, this is how things ended up, what do you think? i know the headlights doesn't look that great as the palstic cover is a bit dimmed and needs to be smoothed and all but overall it is a promising result so that we are tempted to try it on the brand new set of headlights we got:

need you feedback guys and a documentation for the paint job will come soon.

MMamdouh
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

The headlights look cool, and that grill color matches the green color of the rest of the car better than the stock color. That's my humble opinion.
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

It's good that you guys enjoyed the ride in the Lancer. Pleased to help :)

Karim
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

That Lancer is called a Mirage in the states. Nice pics!!
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

It's called galant here. I wonder why because lancer and mirage are two names that sound at least as good as lancer.

The only one mitsubishi they sell here as a "lancer" is the EVO.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

our galant is a v6 bigger car, but indeed the mirage is the lancer. now we have the lancer as a regular car and the evo, and we also have the galant as a v-6 sedan :roll:
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

They wanna drive me nuts!! >_<
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

both those cars are really nice!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
CustomLanos
Expert

Post by CustomLanos »

Audacityracing wrote:our galant is a v6 bigger car, but indeed the mirage is the lancer. now we have the lancer as a regular car and the evo, and we also have the galant as a v-6 sedan :roll:
this is my brothers galant...2004
I wish my grass was emo....so it would cut itself
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I really like the paint you did on the grille and the lights :)

Glad to hear you had fun w/ nos, I've always wanted to at least sit in the passenger seat.

~kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i heard alot about NOS and i really wanted to see whats it is all about it... now i know its all about pure power.

MMamdouh
Zikas

the NOS is amazing

Post by Zikas »

hello guys and as usal i think we did again a good job in the grill and the head lights and for your info guys the NOS is amazing and i think if i would pay 3800 LE =660 $ i would get the NOS better than turbo (the hasel of tunning and the hard to get parts in egypt) and i really hope that soon me and MMamdouh would post a NOS upgrade project for my Nubira

a very speical thanks for karim (i hate you) for getting the NOS guy and making me think of it all time (in my dreams too)
and i think me and MMamdouh should open a Tunning Shop for Woo's in egypt (hope to do it soon)
Zikas The Great (Nubira)
MMamdouh

Re: the NOS is amazing

Post by MMamdouh »

Zikas wrote: a very speical thanks for karim (i hate you) for getting the NOS guy and making me think of it all time (in my dreams too)
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

MMamdouh
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

Remember NOS has also his cons. For example it eats engine oil like a beast... As far as I know it dries cylinders, or at least it did when my father used to mix it with petrol a lot of years ago.