The 3rd Egyptian Daewoo meet ***success***

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

The 3rd Egyptian Daewoo meet ***success***

Post by MMamdouh »

hi guys

this is to inform you that we are going to hold a third meet on Friday 30/12/2005 at 6 October city at She7' Zayed compound.

why the remote location?? it is going to be a motoring day rather than a social day as we used to have before... we are going to have drag races, handling tests and indeed we are going to see how good is the 2.0 we just swapped and we can't do all that unless we have loads of space and high ways and that is only available at this location..

also at this place we got all our tools and supplies so we can dig some mods or do some fast tuneups and see how well it goes on the spot as well... i personally used that place last week to do some work on the car and it was a great experiance.

the instructions to that location is so simple, on the 6 October road and at the entrance of Juhayna square make a right turn into Dahshour road... after some 3 Kms you will have another right turn at a sign that says "She7' Zayed compound" and after you go past the first square you will find all owr Woos parked at the side... you won't miss us as probably we will be the only live forms at this place :lmao:

if the location is a bit vage for you you can meet me right after the Friday prayers at "Sayeda 3esha" and i can lead you their... i will be heading their after some 20 min. after the prayers so if you are comming with me pleas call me on 0127335920 so that we can arrange our timing and head their as one group.

waiting for your calls and confirmation guys :wink:

MMamdouh
Last edited by MMamdouh on Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

your directions are a little vague. how do i get there from oklahoma? :lol: sorry i'm just soo bored right now. sounds great though man you better take pics of your woo this time too. try to get videos if you can as well.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

its easy man... ship the car (with you in it) to cairo international airport which is some 30 min. drive to my home and i will pick you up :lol:

i am getting a new battry set for my damn digi cam and we will try to get some vids for the drags and all too.

belive me you don't want to see my woo now as it is all dented and stuff... i will post some when i get the body work and paint job done... i promis.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

so??... no one is comming but Nick or what??

MMamdouh
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Blah, i'd like to see your car... regardless of dents... I mean look at my car... Two toned white and green...

~Kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the third meet was a success!

we gathered Zikas, Aymoon, Elhamy, Yasser and myself all together for this meet and it was nice... we lined up the cars as you requested and got some shots... i must say i can see that i lack the photograpy skills as the pics ended up no that great.

anyways we have tested some Platinum Split fires on the 1.5 SOHC lanos, 1.6/2.0 DOHC Nubira and found out that the split fires doesn't work that great on the 1.5 SOHC... it was great on the Nubira though.

i have tested OEM NGK sprk plugs from the 2.0 DOHC engine on my 1.5 SOHC lanos and it is great.

here are the pics:

main lineup from left to right; Elhamy, Yasser, Aymoon, Zikas, MMamdouh

Main lineup:

After testing the Split fire spark plugs:

Back lineup shot:

Zikas and MMamdouh:

Elhamy and Yasser:

Zikas' 2.0 Nubira:

Yasser's 1.6 Nubira:

Elhamy's 1.5 Lanos with 15" rims:

MMamdouh's car (no funny comments on the ancore on the front grill):

Rear shot of MMamdouh's car:

we also painted the calipers on Aymoons car in royal red but he got the pics on his cam... i hope he posts them into the forum soon.

MMamdouh
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

very nice. and you weren't kidding saying that ya'll would be the only people out there. :lol:

as for the anchor i was trying to figure out what it was until that one close up of it. :lol: you a sailor now mmamdouh? :roll: j/k

so no vids? you guys are soo lucky to live near each other. for me to even try to rally up five people all of us would have to drive like 12 hours each at least. :cry:

nick

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the ancore thing is my dad's idea and it is his car in the end so i couldn't do much about it :roll:

Egypt is some 1 million square kms in size and 70 million people lives their... those 70 million live on some 3% of that area arround the river bed and north coast 'cause the rest is loads and loads of desert.

we wet at 6 October city which is a newly built city in the attept to reduce the crowd on the down town area and all... i live down town and it is crowded as hell, now as you can see in the pics the area is so quite and spacious butin a few years it is going to be crowded as well.

also this makes meeting each other easy... the furthest person from the meet location drove some 40 or 50 kms to get here... in Egyptian standards thats a long distance but compared to you guys it is nothing to worry about.

we tryed to get vids for the tests and all but our digi cams are not that good with vids... the vids will end up beeing as a GIF pic with multi frames and my cam doesn't support audio in vids so it was going to be dull as hell... we will try to do better at the next meet.

MMamdouh
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Very nice, you guys should go offroading there haha.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

ok... the woo with the leather top and the blacked out headlights is DAMN sexy! nice work! :D
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

damn only 40kms? :shock: thats like what 25 miles or so? hell my town alone is like 15 miles across. i'm driving 90 miles just to go party tonight for new years. thats gotta be great for ya'll mileage on your woos though since you don't have to drive so far to get to places.

nick

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

well... Yasser lives in the estern part of cairo and the meet was in the western part so practically he drove all accross greater cairo... still small distance compared to you guys.

i had my woo for over 7 years now and i have 70,000 kms on the oddometer... thats some 43,750 miles but keep in mind that our roads are worse than hell so practically those 70k kms are as hard as 210k kms on US roads or so... i had to replace 4 shock absorbers, tie rods and control arm ball joints after those 70k kms i did in my car.

we are trying to promote for the forum in every way we can to get as much egyptian people we can... we have over 100,000 daewoo cars in here and we are some 8 guys here or so... we want more!

MMamdouh
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

but keep in mind that our roads are worse than hell
you haven't been to oklahoma then. :lol: the US did like a grading system on highways and city roads about a year ago and oklahoma got one of the worst grades. now i haven't had to replace shocks or anything like that b/c of the roads but it sucks over here too depending on where you live. but it does sound like you got us beat over there. why don't ya'll try to get a petition goin on to get better roads?

and yeah you guys have no excuse on having only 7people on here when there are daewoos everywhere there. :wink: get off your asses and spread the word. :lol: j/k

nick

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i intend to have a big ass decal like this on my car in the attempt to get as much people as we can in here:

as for bad roads... Zikas distroyed2 16" rims and 2 205/45/16 tires on a road bump while going at 60 km/h... you can have an idea now about how bad our roads are.

MMamdouh
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

Next time. Let the cars have nice clean wash, so they look cool at the photos :lol: