DaewOLeganza wants his ban removed ( POLL )

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

DaewOLeganza wants his ban removed ( POLL )

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I've recieved an email from DaewOLeganza saying he will apoligize to everyone, stop posting crap and stop "pushing people's buttons"

I figured I would leave it up to you guys....
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

I think he wants to return just to annoy us.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i can't say no to 2nd chances but i would have to say that there should be set rules and a trial period for him. or something along those lines. i don't exactly like the guy but everyone deserves a second chance. we're not here to deprive people of knowledge but there is a set guidelines that people should just know to go by.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

give him a 2nd chance... but be realistic with it and don't let him get away with anything :D
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i agree
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

lanos2001 wrote:i can't say no to 2nd chances but i would have to say that there should be set rules and a trial period for him. or something along those lines. i don't exactly like the guy but everyone deserves a second chance. we're not here to deprive people of knowledge but there is a set guidelines that people should just know to go by.

nick
+1
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

2nd chances are are good thing, if people really want to change something. True, at times they dont work, but I'd say yes....under a very close eye of the other members of the board.

Tom

Post by SickDrift »

Umm... I dont think he should be allowed back. At least not until he is either more grown up, or has been laid. :D

I think he's had several chances to "change his ways" and had neglected to do so everytime. And I have seen this all in only the short time I have been here myself.

Ultimately, I believe it should be up to the the good people who have been members longer than I have though, since it's all of you who have made this the great resource I have come to enjoy and rely on.

In my opinion though, even if we ban him, and his IP, he will find a way back in to continue his game. I dont believe he has good intentions.

LG
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

If you let him back, I'd like to see our responses to his idiocy to be more controlled... lol... don't go off on him for anything he says that may be retarded... or look retarded... like that spoiler he did w/ paint... I promise i wont do it either... and at the same time, i agree with what others have already said don't let him get away once with anything... if you do, he'll be right back at it...

~Kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

kinkyllama wrote:
lanos2001 wrote:i can't say no to 2nd chances but i would have to say that there should be set rules and a trial period for him. or something along those lines. i don't exactly like the guy but everyone deserves a second chance. we're not here to deprive people of knowledge but there is a set guidelines that people should just know to go by.

nick
+1
+2

His posts should be monitored for a while though...

--Tim
DArkstalker
Super

Post by DArkstalker »

He will hate all of us if he comes back.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

We gave him many chances while he was still a member to apologize and act mature. He consistently refused and insulted high ranked members and that is why I believe that the ban should stand. It isn't like he said something once and was banned. He insulted a dozen or so members repetitively, not to mention all of the posts he hijacked.

Besides, just because he is banned, it doesn't mean he can't access the site. He can still view all of the posts as a guest. He clearly didn't care for our opinion on anything we said, so not being able to post new topics won't hurt him. He also never gave a valid answer or help to anyone, so I don't think that anyone will lose anything (other than a good laugh) by having him gone.

Bottom line, I don't think he should be reinstated.
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

BosnianLanos wrote:We gave him many chances while he was still a member to apologize and act mature. He consistently refused and insulted high ranked members and that is why I believe that the ban should stand. It isn't like he said something once and was banned. He insulted a dozen or so members repetitively, not to mention all of the posts he hijacked.

Besides, just because he is banned, it doesn't mean he can't access the site. He can still view all of the posts as a guest. He clearly didn't care for our opinion on anything we said, so not being able to post new topics won't hurt him. He also never gave a valid answer or help to anyone, so I don't think that anyone will lose anything (other than a good laugh) by having him gone.

Bottom line, I don't think he should be reinstated.
+1

even in the short lived why i'm being attacked thread he proved that he cant see why people were getting annoyed at him (oh i'm sorry for my language in that for who have read it, just man i have hardly any tolerance for such ignornace)

also if he does come back rember school him with knowlage, if he says something stupid try to fight back with facts and things to the such and try to ignore his off topicness and insults, i did try that for a while but even then i started to lose my patients with that guy.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

well If I got banned (hope not) I would want a second chance I say let him in and dont let him post for a few days or sumthin and if he acts up bye bye 8)
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I say let him in, one negative strike, and kick him out forever.