The second Egyptian Daewoo meet

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

The second Egyptian Daewoo meet

Post by MMamdouh »

hi guys, we managed to pull a second meet but this one was not really accounted for... we just made a few calls and we were their

people that attended the meet were me, zikas, aymoon, yasser and Karim... also Gamal joined us as well but he is not a daewootech member yet.

sorry for all the other woo owners that were not their... this meet was not organized at all... i was with zikas this morning and ayman called to meet him, the meeting was very close to yasser and kareem and gamal so it became a meet... this time we raced our woos and Honda. :twisted: :twisted:

first of all i would like to point out that Karim owns a Honda City 1.3 auto tranny... we thought this car was slow as hell but we got proof that it is a very fast car.

just a reminder for what every body got on their cars:

Zikas with 1.6 M/T Nubira was testing his DIY electrical supercharger and K&N filter setup... also got a chocochip, 8.0mm spark plug wires, split fire sparks, grounding kit and 16" rims and 205/45/16 tires.

Aymoon with 1.5 M/T Lanos got a CAT swap pipe, removed the resonator, BOSCH super 4 spark plugs and a chocochip.

yasser with A/T Nubira got a ram air intake with K&N filter and a rear muffler.

karim with 1.3 A/T Honda City got 16" rims and 205/45/16 tires.

gamal 1.5 M/T Lanos got BOSCH super 4 spark plugs.

first aymoon was going head to head with karim the damn Honda city was too fast that it smoaked aymoon twice :evil: how the hell can a 1.3 auto tranny smoak a 1.5 manual car?? i guess it is due to the 10 years technological gap. now we began you realize the potential of that city.

zikas was goin head to head with yasser and indeed zikas was too fast for yasser as yasser got auto tranny and zikas got the elec. super charger... apparently the SC works.

indeed the race involved a couple of close calls involving big rigs and trucks and all but their were no problems... they guys were very wise and cool during the setuation and we all survived.

now to make it more intresting we were all going together but with more focus on zikas' nubira and karim's city... zikas was always ahead but the cioty was always close... building up a gap to that city was a hard work from zikas... the little engined car is really fast... i had to rais my hat to karim on the excelent performance his car pulled out that night.

after getting back to the gas station we were parked at we started discussing car stuff and performance mods then aymoon bought an extra K&N filter from yasser and me and zikas did the installation... aymoon didn't like the sound of the car as it became louder but i liked it so much.

i took the car for a spin to let aymoon hear the engine sound and the car really felt more responsive and i still like the sound of it... loud? YES but very cool.

after more and more car stuff dicussion we all went home but we promised to do this more often... sorry i got no pics or vids as no one was ready for this one... i promis next time we will have some pics and maybe vids as well.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
elhamy201

Post by elhamy201 »

Wish I Was There :cry:
daftmajin
Expert

Re: The second Egyptian Daewoo meet

Post by daftmajin »

mmamdouh wrote: karim with 1.3 A/T Honda City got 16" rims and 205/45/16 tires.

first aymoon was going head to head with karim the damn Honda city was too fast that it smoaked aymoon twice :evil: how the hell can a 1.3 auto tranny smoak a 1.5 manual car?? i guess it is due to the 10 years technological gap. now we began you realize the potential of that city.

MMamdouh
Damn Hondas seems to pull a win out of their ass every time.... well not every time. I've managed to dust some Del Slows, CRXs, and Vics.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

elhamy201 wrote:Wish I Was There :cry:
i am reeeeeealy sorry man... but as you see it was all done in a 20 min. time and a couple of phone calls add to all this the fact that i was already with zikas and ayman was already with gamal and the meeting location is a few min. away from karim and yasser.

i promis next time we will be more organized. :)

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Re: The second Egyptian Daewoo meet

Post by MMamdouh »

daftmajin wrote:
mmamdouh wrote: karim with 1.3 A/T Honda City got 16" rims and 205/45/16 tires.

MMamdouh
Damn Hondas seems to pull a win out of their ass every time.... well not every time. I've managed to dust some Del Slows, CRXs, and Vics.
frankly we all thought the honda would suck big time having a 1.3 engine and auto tranny... i have driven a corolla before with a 1.3 engine and auto tranny and it was even slower than my '72 1.3 VW beetle.

apparently the technological gap between us (woo owners) and honda played its role here.

MMamdouh
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

if you want slow get 93 geo metro with an auto tranny.... paint dries faster than this thing will go! slowest car i ever owned, but the Folgers coffee can (literally) exhaust tip and flat black spray painted hood (carbon fiber look) made my car known. the whole point of the car is that was slow as hell, but the offset white raceing stripe just made it over the top, it was a really funny car! wish i had pics