My poor Leganza: hit and run.

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

My poor Leganza: hit and run.

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Friday night after work at around 10:30pm, I waiting at an intersection to make a left turn when a car rear ended my Leganza.

I got out, the other driver got out, we looked at the damage and he said he would get his insurance information.
As I leaned into my car to get my insurance information, I was not paying attention. He jumped in his car and drove off, around the corner, where I could not see his car. The intersection is under an overpass, so as soon as he was around the corner, he was out of sight from the concret footing of the overpass.

As soon as I stood up, I just saw the corner of his car disappear out of sight.

If I want my car fixed, I have to pay $200 deductable to cover the Virginia Uninsured Motorist's Policy.

And to top it all off, my back hurts when I lean over.
anesTHEtic34

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

i'd gut a man for less than that. okay, maybe not gut. a curb-check a la American History X would do nicely though. nobody fucks with my car. if you're anything like me, that guy was smart for hauling ass out of there.
if i could change the way you look at me
i'd carve your eyes out with a knife.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I'm not claiming the accident with Virginia uninsured motorists policy because it will still show up on my insurance as a claim and may STILL put my rates up even more.
My Leganza is in the body shop now and luckily it is a friend that owns the shop and does all the work.

He allready has extra paint for my car from when he replaced the front end after hitting a deer.

As for the back bumper, he said he can repair the splits with epoxy, sand them smooth and refinish the bumper so you will never see it was cracked.

I'm waiting for him to tell me how much it is going to cost, which I don't think will be too expensive.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Ok ... I got my Leganza back from the body shop today. The damage: $400

To keep costs down, he repaired the split rear bumper with epoxy and sanded it smooth, then painted it. I can not see that it has ever been damaged!! He did a great job.

More of the cost was repairing damage to the front end that I didn't know had happened. Someone had hit the front of my car and there was damage under the bumber cover, and the paint was cracked. I think my ex fiance hit something and didn't tell me. :x But anyway, the car looks good now.

Now all I have to do is change the leaking water pump, the timing belt, the AC/alternator belt and the pulley tensioner.

I guess I'll be dropping another few hundred dollars into that, too.

So much for using my tax return money on new living room furniture :cry: