stupid people

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

stupid people

Post by daewoomofo »

not that i care what others think, but do all of you fellow woo owners get shit from nonwoo owners about you car? i have people calling it a gaywoo and shit ( but yet they drive a chrysler minivan????) i think its funny when people give me shit about it, but im just wondering if im the only one?
Last edited by daewoomofo on Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

at first thats all i got was shit. but now people only talk shit before they see my woo. so all you have to do is work on it and make it better plus beat some ass in it so people can't talk. people still give me a hard time every once in a while but they're usually the ones that drive real beaters or my friends.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Do i ever... I get so much crap about it...

I've been asked several times "Why do you lock your car, no one wants a daewoo" and i'm lke wtf... It gets laughs from a lot of people i know though... and i just want to slap them...
a woo that is a work in progress
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

I too get the standard laughing @ Daewoo - but these people are generally very low class/intelligence.

I relate to the whole situation of people with beater cars trying to say sh1t about it as well. Its obviously a jealousy thing with them though.

Its pretty wierd when you think about - its not like the cars are notoriously unreliable or of particularly poor quality - so im figuring its more of a jealous thing than anything else!

I enjoy it/kind of expect it now. Its pretty funny when you think about it, car modification is such a personal thing and sure people are going to have opinions - but to laugh at the make of a car alone is a little ridiculous!

My $0.02!

--Tim
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

well.. it is not the case here in Egypt as Daewoos are well known to be durable and strong cars... we get some of that from people with japanees cars and some korean as well but once you kick their @$$es on the road they just STFU.

it reminds me of an old saying we got here that says: they couldn't find anything wrong with roses so they said "its red".

thats the case with woos, no one finds anything wrong with it so they say "its a daewoo" well... yes it is and i am proud of it.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

i catch lots of flak for it, but the reality is, daewoos are good cars and the people who take the time to find out about them end up really liking them.
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

most people dont know the car model... most of them thought the car was some luxury car
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Of course I catch shit for driving a Daewoo, but I have yet to let it affect me. Again, it is usually people that don't know shit about cars that insult Daewoo, simply because "It is a Daewoo". They can't say anything bad about it and just say "Daewoo, HAHAHAHA". My usual reaction is "Wow, what an insult" and go about my merry way.

I go to a really rich school so the majority of my friends drive BMWs, Infinitis, Acuras, Hondas, Lexuses, and effectively their parents cars. I don't really care if they joke about my car. I know for damn sure that I drive an excellent car that is one of the more unique ones on the planet.

I even had a kid in a Nissan Sentra make fun of me. I shut him the hell up as I yelled "ENJOY YOUR MEXICAN MADE NISSAN ON THE DRIVE HOME!" across the parking lot. He didn't believe me until he looked at the little sticker on the B pillar and got kind of a sad look on his face.

Bottom line, I don't let it get to me.
DArkstalker
Super

Post by DArkstalker »

I get the most crap from Honda owners. There are a few that don't talk crap and they are all in a car club. I didn't think they would like my car but they did. Heres a link to their site http://www.teamexoticimage.com
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

as the subject suggests... some people are just stupid... that's what it's all boils down to.
john_trickle
Expert

stupid people

Post by john_trickle »

as we say down under jeolousley is a curse.maybe people are jeoules they dont have a awsome car so they take there frustration on others i just laugh back at them. :D :D :D
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

its funny how u people become offended from people who make fun of ur car... how stupids that
john_trickle
Expert

stupid people

Post by john_trickle »

i dont get offened mate i get even.
john
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Audacityracing wrote:i catch lots of flak for it, but the reality is, daewoos are good cars and the people who take the time to find out about them end up really liking them.
I wish my step dad had taken care of mine :-/ damn thing still doesn't run right, i'm thinking about buying a crate motor for it and just starting from scratch... but i totally can see what you mean, mine's a blast to drive and wouldn't trade it...
a woo that is a work in progress
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

we dont get offended by it, like it says they are stupid poeple, i love my car no matter what others think about it.