Do people drive any Korean cars in Japan?

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daftmajin
Expert

Do people drive any Korean cars in Japan?

Post by daftmajin »

Just wondering if any of the Japanese drive Daewoos, Kias, or Hyundais. If they do, then they should be making us some aftermarket. Guess they think other countries' cars or inferior to their JDM.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
DArkstalker
Super

Re: Do people drive any Korean cars in Japan?

Post by DArkstalker »

daftmajin wrote:Just wondering if any of the Japanese drive Daewoos, Kias, or Hyundais. If they do, then they should be making us some aftermarket. Guess they think other countries' cars or inferior to their JDM.
I agree they always stick to their JDM.
jurupa

Post by jurupa »

From what I know about the Japanese, they only drive their own. My uncle told me (he has been to Japan a lot for business reasons) that in each apartment complex there is usually one car salesman that only sale cars to people in that apartment complex, and usually that apartment complex only drives a certain Japanese car.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I know that there are people in Japan that love the old aircooled VW Notchback. A lot of the ones from England and Australia (right hand drive) have been imported to there.

Also, the Harley motorcycle dealers can't keep bikes in their showrooms; there is a waiting list.

As for other cars, I'm not sure.