First Egyptian Woo meet

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

First Egyptian Woo meet

Post by MMamdouh »

hi guys

i am proudly announcing that we are going to have our first Egyptian woo meet tomorrow at 7:00PM Cairo local time.

the idea came to us today afternoon and with a few calls and MSN messages we have confirmed 6 members to join which is not bad at all for our first meet.

members that are going to attend are:

mmamdouh
zikas
aymoons
yasser
elhamy201
woo_sleeper

we are going to get our digi cams and all to take pics of the event... will post them later.

if their is any members that i have missed, please be informed that the meet will be held on Friday 28/10/2005 at 7:00PM in front of Mostafa Mahmoud mosque... again sorry for the very short notice but i promis it won't be the last meet.

MMamdouh
Last edited by MMamdouh on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Well, I know I can't make it lol.

But, take as many pictures as possible!!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

sure thing man... i just wish i had one of them DAEWOOTECH stickers on my car to promote for the forum, anyone know what font is that so i can replicate one??

MMamdouh
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

sure thing man... i just wish i had one of them DAEWOOTECH stickers on my car to promote for the forum, anyone know what font is that so i can replicate one??

MMamdouh
BUMP!! lol

Hope you guys have fun over there I wish i were able to come would be awesome
a woo that is a work in progress
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

that good man we make like 2 and ! korean Night + a driving day... this things get the people really motivated
ImageImage
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it is official guys... the first meet was a success!

dispite missing out aymoons and woo_sleeper we really enjoyed our time and we decided to do this more often :wink: ( aymoons is going to have hard time when i see him at work next sunday :evil: )

first of all i would like to apologise for the poor quality of the pics... it seems that i got no night photography skills whatsoever :oops:

first here is elhamy201's car:

it is a Lanos II (AKA sport) and i have to say it is very clean... he also got 15" rims and 195/50/15 tires... going with low profile tires costed him a rim and a tire before :evil:

and also he got a ram air intake... i don't remeber the brand name of the filter but it made the car sounds very nice :twisted:

next up is yasser's car.. it is a 1.6 DOHC nubira and he got a ram air intake as well and a K&N filter. (notice the metal thermostat housing? i just found out all our nubiras comes with those).

he also got a nice muffler but i couldn't take a pic of it at that time... maybe in the next meet or so, other than that it has no exterior mods but it looks very nice and clean indeed.

alst but not least Zikas' car.. again a 1.6 DOHC nubira. 16"rims and 205/60/16 tires. (sorry.. the pic is so dark but i did used the flash yet it turned out that durk :( )

a pic of the rim and tire... again victim of the nasty roads here, ended up with a cracked rim before.

also he got thease "lenses" in his headlights... pretty cool huh?

yasser and zikas are thinking of a 2.0 swap... price quotes for a 2.0 DOHC engine with tranny was not that steep as i thought so i guess it is a doable swap financial wise. maybe i can buy yasser's 1.6 for a future swap for me but i don't want to get over exited about that... i am already struggling to get tires :evil:

also me and zikas are thinking of messing arround with the ECU program after zikas gets his OBD II cable... we will have to learn alot to do that but it will be fun to do it.

thats much about what we discussed that night, we are going to meet again but we haven't decided yet... i will update you all with what we do and again sorry for the poor quality of the pics.

MMamdouh
aymoons

My Woo (Lanos 2005)

Post by aymoons »

Hello everyone,

I am very sorry and sad that I could not attend the meeting, but I had an emergency.

However, I have taken some pictures for my Woo, and would like to know what you think about them.

Here are the rearlights, I sprayed them so that they appear dim but still light clearly.
Also the same is done for the front lights but with less concentration.
I used black leather for the top, so the spoiler had to go.
Inside, I have replaced the original steering wheel with this sport one, and believe me guys there is a difference.

Mmamdouh,
I am sorry I couldn't make it pal, hope you like the PICS :wink:
I promise I'll attend it the next one.
I am looking forward to meeting the rest of the guys.

There are a lot of other mods that I intend to add to my Lanos (Specially under the hood), and forget the rims, they came in 13" and 175/70/13 tires for financial reasons, but I'm gonna change them soon with 15"and 195/50/15 tires.

I will post a list of the all mods done and all the mods that are yet to be done. but later.

Aymoons
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

nice pics guys!

One thing though, it'd be nice to see all daewoos lined up on one pic. makes it more interesting.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

greet meet man. love the pics. and as for aymoons lanos you put leather on top of your woo? that pimp man i don't think i've ever seen that done well to anycar that wasn't a caddy or a drop top very nice there.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
CustomLanos
Expert

Re: My Woo (Lanos 2005)

Post by CustomLanos »

aymoons wrote: Image
Type R? :roll:
I wish my grass was emo....so it would cut itself
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

AcingTeam wrote:nice pics guys!

One thing though, it'd be nice to see all daewoos lined up on one pic. makes it more interesting.
we were on a kinda tight spot and got too busy traffic so we couldn't do that at the time :( we intend to do that next meet.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

CustomLanos wrote:
aymoons wrote: Image
Type R? :roll:
i told you aymoons... people will comment on that sticker :lol:

ok guys here is the thing... in here we don't have this Daewoo vs. Honda issue its more between us and the other korean marks (Kia and hyundai) so putting a TYPE R sticker is not a bad thing in here... he got Type R on his steering wheel as well but it is not clear in the pic.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

lanos2001 wrote:greet meet man. love the pics. and as for aymoons lanos you put leather on top of your woo? that pimp man i don't think i've ever seen that done well to anycar that wasn't a caddy or a drop top very nice there.

nick
thats the good thing about having cheap man power; they are creative and doesn't cost much... IIRC it costed him 160LE which is some 27.70USD.

i have to say the job done to his car is very clean and nice specially that his car is silver colored so the black matches it perfictly.

MMamdouh
CustomLanos
Expert

Post by CustomLanos »

mmamdouh wrote: ok guys here is the thing... in here we don't have this Daewoo vs. Honda issue its more between us and the other korean marks (Kia and hyundai) so putting a TYPE R sticker is not a bad thing in here... he got Type R on his steering wheel as well but it is not clear in the pic.
Whats the point of putting a badge on you car that isnt true, its like people putting turbo badges on an N/A car. It makes no sense to do something like that. And the Korean vs korean issue doesnt take any attention away from that emblem....Hey, do what you wanna do but i'm sure as hell i wont be putting any badges from another make on my car.
I wish my grass was emo....so it would cut itself
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

I am sure most people back here don't know what Type R is. They think the R is for racing that can be fiited in any car, not only Honda :D

CustomLanos wrote:
mmamdouh wrote: ok guys here is the thing... in here we don't have this Daewoo vs. Honda issue its more between us and the other korean marks (Kia and hyundai) so putting a TYPE R sticker is not a bad thing in here... he got Type R on his steering wheel as well but it is not clear in the pic.
Whats the point of putting a badge on you car that isnt true, its like people putting turbo badges on an N/A car. It makes no sense to do something like that. And the Korean vs korean issue doesnt take any attention away from that emblem....Hey, do what you wanna do but i'm sure as hell i wont be putting any badges from another make on my car.