Road trip to California!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Road trip to California!!

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!

It will be my frist time going to California. :)

Almost 2600 miles (4185 km) to get there.

East Coast to West Coast trip, then I will fly home after being shown around southern California for a few days.

To go home, I will fly out of San Diego air port, transfer in Atlanta and arrive at Norfolk.

My friend is moving back home to California, I have never been there, and it is a perfect opertunity to go somewhere just for the hell of it.

I will get off work at 7AM Sunday morning, drop my car off at a friend's house and my friend will drive all day while I sleep. Then I will drive all night since I am used to being awake all night since I work night shifts. Then she will drive all day again and we should be there by Monday evening. That leaves Tue, Wed and Thursday to see everything. We will probably go into Mexico, too, since I have not been there, either.

I will take lots of pics and post the cool ones.

This will be fun!

Cliff
tango

Post by tango »

Post pics of the Daewoos you pass along the way!!
Cogito ergo sum...
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I will get pics of as many Daewoos as I can, and I will get pics of the really stupid looking ricers, too! LOL
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

if you go to dallas you might see daftmajin's woo. i remember when i went to florida i saw a total of 7 daewoos the drive down there, back from there, flew down there (for some reason there are no daewoo's in the sky, there might've been a forklift daewoo on the landing strip though :lol: ) and finally the drive back. i bet you see maybe about the same amount especially since you'll be sleeping most of the day and only driving at night.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Actually, I think this is the way we will be driving:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main ... =&2z=92227

That way, we are not going all the way across Texas, which is a long boring part of the drive that feels like it never ends! (I am not trying to offend those of you who live in Texas!)
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

holy shit dude if you weren't getting into the city (oklahoma city) like at 5 in the morning then i would meet up with ya'll and stall your trip for about an hour but i don't think i can wake up that early. :cry: i'm only like an hour away from the city too. :cry:

nick

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

If I had more time, I would try to stop at as many places to meet as many people from here as I could, but I am very limited on time because I have to be back at work on Friday night.

It would be really cool to meet other people from here.

If anyone is around Southern California / San Diego area, maybe we can meet somewhere for a little while.

Since my friend is moving back home and I am flying back, we will be in her Toyota Carolla, not either of my Daewoos; I don't want to leave one on the other side of the country!! LOL
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

you could always drop it off at my dealership :lol:

nick

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

LOL ... no, that will be quite all right. I think I'd like to keep my car.
There is no telling what it would be like when I came back to get it ... that is if you had not sold it and kept the money. LOL
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Your not going to be far from my house... maybe 15mins if traffic is decent on the I10. You'll also be driving about 5 mins away from an autocross event.. that is if your on the road the 16th/17th.. which i think is sat/sun so maybe you wont be.

Anyways, you see alot of riced out cars and alot of nice cars in CA... seams like a good 1/3 of the cars in san diego are fixed up
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

It sucks, but I really don't think we'll be stopping anywhere along the way, no matter how cool it would be. We just want to get her back hom as fast as safely possible, then relax once we get there.
FaWEeToO

Post by FaWEeToO »

I've done it 5 yrs ago when i studied in the states.

I drove all alone from Tampa FL to LA CA in my sweet Lanos. It took me 12 hrs from Tampa to Huston.

I spent 2 days over there with one of my friends who live there, THEN I drove a 25hrs NON-STOP!!! Only for gas & coffee refuel. u r right OZ the Texas crossing seems endless...... 800+Miles of desert is too much :shock:

As for places to go, I can help u with places in LA. I?ll be more than happy to make u a full 3 day schedule of endless fun and places to see.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Thanks!
But I won't be going to L.A.
I don't like big cities.

Also, my three days are already full. LOL

We are going to Mexico, riding 4 wheelers in the desert, going to the ocean and going Geocaching ( http://www.geocaching.com ) with my GPS.
Plus, my friend will be showing me all around her home town.

I would like more time out there, but I just won't be able to do it.

Now that someone I know will be living there, I can take flights over there once in a while to visit for a few days at a time.
FaWEeToO

Post by FaWEeToO »

I just love the weak English of the taxi drivers in M?xico where u have to use body language and signs to communicate: P it?s a heaven, and the sea food is something else. Damn I miss it so much!

i'll go back to the states sometime soon (for vacation this time)
but the visa is way to had to get now adays (it used to take one day, now its like 2 months minimum)

Just a reminder, La Jolla is nice during and after sunset (romantic)

Enjoy ur time and drive safe
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Thanks!! :) I am very excited about going.
I have not had a vacation in a long time.
This will be short (6 days) but it will be a lot of fun.