Found a wrecked Forenza on EBAY

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Found a wrecked Forenza on EBAY

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well I'm sure you will all be amazed that I'm not buying this one :P but I've run out of room in my "engine shed"

Here is a practically new Forenza with only 3800 miles on it.

The ass end looks bashed up pretty good but the front looks fine.

I suppose it could be rebuilt and turned into a track car if someone had the time.

It looks like the engine is complete so it would make a great buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 57709&rd=1
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

wow!! 700$ to bad it would cost an arm and a leg to get it here
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I want it so bad.... but even if my Dad said okay (cuz he told me i should get a track car neway) i dont know how i'd get it here.

Anyone know how much it is to ship a car across the US? :roll:
It is summer vacation... maybe i can do a road trip!
If only i was 18 and didnt need an adult w/ me to get a hotel...
well its only like a 3 day drive

How much do you think it'd cost to have it fixed? i dont have the tools or experiance
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

that's a mere 3 hours away.... :lol:

that would be fun just to have the engine to mess with...
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Only 9 hours due north of me via some really nice highways. Only I don't need a Forenza.

The guy is horribly underselling it @ only 700 and change for Buy It Now. The engine alone is worth 4 times that, same with the transmission.

I think it would be a big deal to fix, the rear quarter panels are totaled and would need extensive work to straighten them out or replace them. Also, it looks like they cut the front end off, the part of the frame with the headlights. So welding that in would take some work too. Not to mention straightening the frame which was surely bent. It would be a good candidate for a track car if the suspension pieces aren't terribly out of shape as you can take bits and pieces off to lighten it a bunch.

The price would go up a few grand to get the work done, but in the end, thats a lot cheaper than a new Forenza.

Edit:

I just noticed it was an auto....that takes away some fun.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

i want it just for the engine and tranny... to make a rear wheel drive one off car like the atom or a formula style car... that would be the bets thing ever! 8)
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

wow only 100 miles from me. sucks I don;t have the money. it would be a great swap for my aveo
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The car is probably repairable for racing on the track..... but it would probably be hard to get it recertified for driving on the road.

Shipping to Arizona would probably be in the range of $500 to $700

I've been looking at buying that Leganza in Florida but it's going to cost more than $1000 to get it shipped to Montana.

I picked up a Forenza engine for $275 not too long ago.... the engine had less than 10,000 miles on it.

What you have to remember is that autowreckers don't realize that the powertrain is usable in other Daewoo cars,Isuzu trucks and older Pontiac vehicles.

If they found out they would probably want $1200 to $2000 for the engine.

Most autowreckers look at it and say "who the hell is going to want wrecker parts for a car that just came out 6 months ago"

If you think about it.... nobody will need to buy a used engine for a Forenza until the warranty starts running out.... which isn't for another few years.

I'd buy this car in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the fact that I have too many engines and vehicles allready :D
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Also keep in mind that it's an automatic transmission.

The 2.0L will work in an older Daewoo but you would have to swap out all the sensors, fuel rail and a couple other items since the newer Delphi management system is completely different than the Delco system in the older Daewoo vehicles.

Kinkyllama.... I still think you were crazy to turn it down when I first offered it to you..... it's certainly rebuildable for track use.

If you wanted to go into the GT1 category you could throw on a fibreglass front end, tubular rear with fibreglass and turbo the crap out of the engine.

You proabably wouldn't be competitive racing against Porsche's but it would be fun anyways.

Hell..... for $700 it would be a fun project to rebuild it and learn about the car.

I'm sure Tom can get you all the panels and parts you need.... brand new from his Daewoo wholesale supplier.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

If it was manual id jump on it... autos no fun. :roll: I do want it though. I need to check the yards around here for some.

It could compete pretty well but the only class that lets you do whatever you wnat to your car (which is more fun, all the other class' every car is exactly the same) is an insanly hard class w/ some VERY VERY fast cars (like 800bhp all wheel and weighs like under 2k lbs)
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama