just got back from Jamaica...

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rcegrl

just got back from Jamaica...

Post by rcegrl »

WOW! talk about a vacation, this place is beautiful. clear water, mountains everywhere, people are nice, warm weather... so we went on the Bob Marley Nine Mile Tour...if you are ever in jamaica you need to go on this tour. it takes you to the home of where Bob Marley was born and raised, and where he was laid to rest. his house is still there with all its original furniture (sheets and stuff arent the same), very small house. and he was laid to rest in another building next to his house. its a marble case, shared with his brother anthony booker, above ground with lots of drawings, pictures and other little things from fans that visited. it was definately an awesome tour.

overall i have to say it was definately an experience going there....
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

I went to Swept Away in Negril several years back. Talk about being pampered and having a ton of things available to do. Plus it is a couples only resort so no screaming children (but a few moaning adults <G>). And duty free coconut rum. MMmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Light without shadow is blindness.
rcegrl

Post by rcegrl »

oh yeah being pampered was awesome. we stayed at Sandals in ocho rios, it was real nice. and yeah we spent most of our time at the bar, and brought a couple bottles of rum home...lol
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Did either of you get to experience a ride in a local cab ?

Some of those guys are completely nuts.... I think they actually try to run the other guys off the road on purpose :o
rcegrl

Post by rcegrl »

OMG!! i know, i honestly thought that we would never make it to the resort. its like they pass within inches of each others bumpers and they fly down all their streets, narrow roads or not! the nine mile tour was the worst. the driver was flying through the narrow mountain roads and they dont have guard rails out there so one wrong move or slip, you're over the edge. if we drove like that in the states, we'd never have an overpopulation problem b/c half of us would be dead...lol
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

My parents were there not too long ago and their cab driver asked them if they could send him some Halogen lights for his car so that he would have the brightest lights on the island :lol:
( he offered to drive them around for the rest of the week for free if they sent him the bulbs but they turned him down because they were worried that this guy would blind everyone else and kill somone )
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

cabi with HID lol :twisted:
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

They actually sold T-shirts saying `I Survived the Ride to Negril' at the souveneir place. The bus driver was pretty crazy but my SO and I rode up near the front and talked to him the whole time. He would beep his horn before going around a really sharp bend and there was only enough room for one car on the "road." So we asked what happened if someone else was coming from the other direction and they only beeped their horn too. The guy just smiled. LOL.

The resort we stayed at opened up the bars at 10am so that everyone would have a few hours to sober up.

My fave activity was snorkeling and I went out a number of times during the week. I wanted to try cliff diving but the one place we went to was not allowing anyone to dive due to how rough the water was that week (storm had passed thru just before we arrived).
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

CHNDROSE wrote:My fave activity was snorkeling and I went out a number of times during the week. I wanted to try cliff diving but the one place we went to was not allowing anyone to dive due to the pile of bodies was from the previous week (taxi drivers had dumped their passangers just before we arrived).
LOL :lol:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

CHNDROSE wrote:They actually sold T-shirts saying `I Survived the Ride to Negril' at the souveneir place. The bus driver was pretty crazy but my SO and I rode up near the front and talked to him the whole time. He would beep his horn before going around a really sharp bend and there was only enough room for one car on the "road." So we asked what happened if someone else was coming from the other direction and they only beeped their horn too. The guy just smiled. LOL.
for some reason this sounds too familiar... OH YES, this is how most people drive arround here.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

LOL on the creative edit. :P