I raced today

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

I raced today

Post by kinkyllama »

Well... i was told i was one of the best in the group.. and i already moved up within the first two sessions (out of four).

Anyways.. ill talk more about the race when i have time, im racing again tomorrow so im going to bed soon.

Anyways.. my dad was there the whole time and saw me keeping up with porsches and what not (mostly cuz my good turn before the straight away) and said he'd help me fix up my car. Before he thought it was worthless fixing up a 4 banger but not anymore. I got him hooked on fixing up my car. :lol:

Im going to try to make front and rear ssway bars for my car this week. My cars biggest weekness is the body roll.

Well ill have pictures tomorrow, my gf and whole family are coming and bringing the cameras. Unforunitly i cant get a video cuz its not that easy... actually illl try to get a video on here but im not sure if ill have any luck.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

send me your video and I'll see if I can host it on my website :)
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

dude glad to hear that your doing really good. you should get daewoo badges for the car so people will be like "what the Fu**? a daewoo is keeping up with porsches?!" :lol:

i wish my dad would "sponsor" me :cry: all my parents did was buy my car for me in full and made me pay them back with interest :shock: damn greedy bastards. :lol: on a good note though next month is my last payment. YAY!!!! :D

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

way to go man!

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I think there was a daewoo out there kicking some ass! wait... actually. That may have been a dream last night. lol. I had alot of weird crazy dreams last night so im not sure :lol: If i see it today ill let you guys know.

I also found out they're doing drifting practice. Illl try to get videos of that as well
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Well... i got a flat tire about 100 yards before the exit to the raceway... luckily the tow truck that works at the track saw me and took me to the track for free (i gave him money anyway). Happened to be that toyo tires sponsored the event and would repair the tire for free... got the tire off and found out that the rim had eaten half the side wall so the tire was unrepairable.

I kept driving on the flat tire b/c i didnt know it was flat, before you think im and idiot though hold on. When you race your tire melts and ssheds balls of rubber... well those balls dont always fall off and the gunk up on your tire and it feels like its flat.. so i thought thats what it was cuz i still had some of that.

But got a bunch of photos... ill post them sometime in the next week cuz im really busy. Im completly working on my car for racing. Only thing im keeping is the stereo and ill take out some of that before every race (every weekend).

Unforunitly where the stands were i couldnt get good pictures of the drifting sessions. The only turn near there they didnt drift on cuz of the walls and cuz the smoke would probably kill everyone right there. I got some pictures of them probably 1-2 miles away so im not sure how they came out yet.

Anyways ill keep you guys posted. This post will be updated after every race for anyone intrested... eventually ill start getting lots of photos cuz my family wants to start coming out.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Chip

Post by Chip »

Yo Kinky...

Awesome to hear you're doing so well in the woo! Do you have any plans to race anywhere in So Cal in the future? Would love to bring the crew out to watch you race. Keep us updated and again, let me know if we can help you with anything :-)

-Chip
Chip Doeden
Boshart Motorsports
www.b-moto.com
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Chip wrote:Yo Kinky...

Awesome to hear you're doing so well in the woo! Do you have any plans to race anywhere in So Cal in the future? Would love to bring the crew out to watch you race. Keep us updated and again, let me know if we can help you with anything :-)

-Chip
I might go out somewhere in CA for autocross just for fun. Not sure how good i am at autocross though as i havnt done an event since ive started getting good.

As for now im just going to as many open track days as possible to get experiance and im having racers ride along giving me pointers. Good news is though my dad never beleived my car (4 banger) could keep up with any other cars.... after he saw my race hes willing to help me out. He said after he sells the business he will help me build a car for strictly racing.... im hoping to be able to find a forenza that was recked i can fix and race but who knows if ill have any luck. If that does happen id probably be intrested in the race suspension setup you are using.. but the races are very strict on what you do so everyone fair.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

There are alot of pointless pictures but its to hard to sort them out. Anyways, the pictures are all of the race group (in the pictures they were just doing practic and tunning) the beginers program, and the drifting pratice. All the photos with smokes theres a car drifting somewhere in there.. the only corner i could see with the camera of the cars drifting was 1-2 miles away. The straight drag is almost a mile. The lineup of cars are the drift cars about to go out.

Not the best pictures but enjoy. My favorite are the orange lotus'
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Nice, and how much do you have to pay to participate in the races?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

AcingTeam wrote:Nice, and how much do you have to pay to participate in the races?
You only have to pay to get your competition license... which you move from HPDE1 eventually to 4 then you apply for the license and an instructor rides along with you for a day or weekend and approves or disapproves. Thats like 280$ for a weekend, which is like 3 hours solid track time... The actualy racing is free, if you qualify. Theres a better program for just open track days but thats as far as you can get is getting a high performance licenses.. still cant race. But there insurence covers your car completly so its a good program and its like 175$ for 2-3 hours of track time plus classroom time if you want. Intrustors will ride along if you ask for one and give you pointers.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport