HYUNDAI CLUB

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

milosh
Junior

HYUNDAI CLUB

Post by milosh »

New Huyndai Club & Forum here :shock:

http://WWW.HYUNDAICLUB.NET
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I sold my Hyundai 2 years ago and wish I had not. :(
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

I had a Hyundai until I loaned it to a friend. They explode real neat.

Rose
Light without shadow is blindness.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i was going to get myself a Hyundai Excel hatch just before i got my Woo... thank god i didn't.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

I smoked an Accent last night. This dude tried to make it fast but nowhere in the race was he close. I did hit on his girl friend before the race.lol.
Stay in control with Hankook's weather...or not technology.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Well i know a Accent in PR, that can woop your ass... 10.4 at the 1/4 of mile :roll:

BTW is STREET LEGAL. :)

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Yea probably. This was smoken black and sounded like a small plane.lol

The car I like is the Tiburon with a V6. It has tons of aftermarket support.

Get 10.4 in 1/4. With the price it would take to get that I'd rather have an Evo or a Lotus Elise. They sure look a lot better...
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Dont know what they have spent on it, but try to take an Evo to the 10s... :wink:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Puerto Rico has some of the Finest Vehicles built.

They have the 3 fastest Lancer Ralliarts (2 turbo'd, 1 N/A)
2 Turbo'd are i believe in the low 10's and the N/A is running 12.9ish
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
eljunito
Expert

Post by eljunito »

It will be a miracle if you get a Tiburon to the 10s. My uncle has Tiburon NOS and it's on the 14s. Here in PR, the price of a Tiburon is cheaper than an Evo. I know a person at work who bought an Evo with a down payment of $12,000, and pays $360 monthly and it's on the 12s.

8)
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Over all Hyundai's arn't the greatest. I see GM Daewoo as a step up from those cars. And the Elise can run 10's 1/4 miles no problem N/A...and they run in the low $40,000. To get an Accent running 10's you probably have to put at least that much in labor in parts in. Plus which one looks better?
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

eljunito wrote:Here in PR, the price of a Tiburon is cheaper than an Evo.
8)
Yeah, that's everywhere. The price difference is like around 10,000 bucks
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Hyundai may or may not be wonderful, but I just wish I still had my 1994 Excel.

It got 45mpg!!!
After 200,000 miles, all 4 cyllinders still had excellent compression and it still drove like a new car. It was good on tires and brakes, but best of all, the only thing that ever went wrong was it needed new motor mounts at 170,000.
I had the transmission worked on at 120,000 when it was a little noisy, but that only cost $55.

Under warranty, the oxygen sensor came on around 25,000 miles, so they replaced it.

Best of all, when the timing belt broke at 95,000 miles, there was no damage; there is clearance so the valves don't hit the pistons.

Cliff
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Hyundai may or may not be wonderful, but I just wish I still had my 1994 Excel.

It got 45mpg!!!
After 200,000 miles, all 4 cyllinders still had excellent compression and it still drove like a new car. It was good on tires and brakes, but best of all, the only thing that ever went wrong was it needed new motor mounts at 170,000.
I had the transmission worked on at 120,000 when it was a little noisy, but that only cost $55.

Under warranty, the oxygen sensor came on around 25,000 miles, so they replaced it.

Best of all, when the timing belt broke at 95,000 miles, there was no damage; there is clearance so the valves don't hit the pistons.

Cliff
oxygen sensor?? did that excel have fuel injection?? the excels we got here have 1.3 or 1.5 engines with 12 valves and carbs. ... what engine specs did you have on your car OZ??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

mmamdouh wrote:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Hyundai may or may not be wonderful, but I just wish I still had my 1994 Excel.

It got 45mpg!!!

Cliff
oxygen sensor?? did that excel have fuel injection?? the excels we got here have 1.3 or 1.5 engines with 12 valves and carbs. ... what engine specs did you have on your car OZ??

MMamdouh
It had fuel injection.
1.5L
5 speed manual transmission.