Rover is dead... my comments

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

blackielaw
Junior

Rover is dead... my comments

Post by blackielaw »

Just heard this morning on the news that Rover and Shangai Automotive Corp. have not reached a deal, meaning that they ain't interested in buying Rover. This means that 5,000 people are now jobless and that Rover is practically part of British history now. Not that I'm glad that people end up jobless or that Rover is bust (actually they had quite nice looking cars), but this shows that even decent looking cars with decent technology and being British, doesn't save you from a bad end. Ergo... Daewoo wasn't all that of an exception after all...
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."

1999 Lanos
(The only modified Lanos in Malta)
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

"you open the door i don't want to get ROVER on my hands"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

According to BBC news last night, the British government has stepped in and is helping Rover and it's employees right now until another company can step in and help bail out the bankrupsy.

Mighty Mouse: "Here I come to save the day!" LOL

Cliff
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:According to BBC news last night, the British government has stepped in and is helping Rover and it's employees right now until another company can step in and help bail out the bankrupsy.

Mighty Mouse: "Here I come to save the day!" LOL

Cliff
I thought that was Andy Kaufman...

And if indeed someone helps rover out, are they going to downtune their engines? and if so are they going to rebadge them and act liek they thought of the car in the first place?
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Andy Kaufman was quoting Mighty Mouse. :P LOL

Why is it that a Daewoo with a Suzuki S on the hood is loved by people, but with a Daewoo badge is laughed at?

Pretty friggin dumb people out there if you ask me.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Back to the Aveo/Lanos Reviews.

Aveo - peppy 1.6l
Lanos - sluggish 1.6l

and the funny thing is.... they're about the same weight (not enough to make a considerable distance) and the aveo is downtuned.

RRM Turbo Kit
Some other goodies.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Aveo - peppy 1.6l
Lanos - sluggish 1.6l

and the funny thing is.... they're about the same weight (not enough to make a considerable distance) and the aveo is downtuned.
That's hitting below the belt! :lol: From owners, I have heard just the opposite, that it is in fact the Lanos is faster (not to mention better looking) than the Aveo. Also, the Aveo is I believe, about 100 lbs lighter than the Lanos. Maybe I'm wrong and just starting a rivalry :twisted: .
blackielaw
Junior

Post by blackielaw »

talking about badges... does anybody know where the new GM Daewoo badges are being used? I've travelled quite extensively in Europe during the last months and never saw any, all kalos, matiz and lacetti's had the Chevrolet badges
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."

1999 Lanos
(The only modified Lanos in Malta)
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

BosnianLanos wrote:

Aveo - peppy 1.6l
Lanos - sluggish 1.6l

That's hitting below the belt! :lol: From owners, I have heard just the opposite, that it is in fact the Lanos is faster (not to mention better looking) than the Aveo. Also, the Aveo is I believe, about 100 lbs lighter than the Lanos. Maybe I'm wrong and just starting a rivalry :twisted: .

I meant the reviews... i may have jumbled my opinion
"they're about the same weight (not enough to make a considerable distance) and the aveo is downtuned"

thats just those review guys that if it's not a domestic (or japanese) it's junk.

Oz pointed out, when Ford sold the Festiva it was a knockout in the econobox market... but once kia actually released taht car under it's name... sales went down.

The aveo is quite sluggish, i'd know. there is an aveo "race" crew around my area, they haven't gotten enough beating from my automatic 1.6l lanos, i even showed him that his is a downtuned engine, last i heard he's looking for an Intake manifold/Throttlebody/ECU and seeing if he can beat me then.

BUT! Is it just my opinion or does the aveo look like a Matchbox version of a monster truck, it looks like you could jack it up about 3-4 feet and go muddin.

RRM Turbo Kit
Some other goodies.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

BosnianLanos wrote:

Aveo - peppy 1.6l
Lanos - sluggish 1.6l

Aveo also has 2hp less than a Lanos.