Not getting the Cobalt

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Not getting the Cobalt

Post by Brian5475E »

Well the dealer wouldn't give me the interest rate I wanted and the price. So I'm keeping the Aveo.
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Sweet in a non cool way.... i think.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

I found that some dealers are real jerks. I was ready to pick up a new Mustang GT because I get the X Plan pricing on Ford cars but the dealer was not willing to sell to me with the pricing plan. I put it off a bit longer to see if the 6 cylinders with the manual transmissions would be produced earlier than expected. After totaling the car I was going to sell off for the down payment I got my 'Zuki Reno.

Of course that dealer now has a few GTs that are just sitting on the lot. Sometimes I wonder what goes through their heads sometimes.

Rose
Light without shadow is blindness.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

You can ALWAYS find a dealer that will work with you. I will and have driven as far as 12hrs each way and several states away to get the deal I wanted on a car.

Call around. Compare prices. Pit dealers against one another, even if it is in a different state. :)

It always works out the way I want that way.
Also, it is usually best to go to your bank and get a loan approved and have the money ready to go so you can just walk into a dealer and buy the car. No need to bother with the dealer's interest rates.

Cliff
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

I'm just gonna keep the Aveo, I just hope some more performance parts come out. Like brakes, clutches, suspension(stut bars), Headers(that we can get in the U.S. at a reasonable price) A turbo setup, fuel rail, motor mounts, cat back exhaust.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Perhaps we should start a section for those who want parts for the Lanos 1.6L and Aveo 1.6L

You could list which parts you want and how much you feel is "reasonable"

I don't mind digging around for info on parts for the 1.6L (even though I don't own one) but I don't want to be waisting my time looking at $1200 headers when you think $150 is a "reasonable" price.

So..... let me know what you will pay.... if I see something along the way and it's near your price range I will let Tom @ 360 know where I found the part.

Quite often when I'm looking for 2.0L parts I also see 1.6L parts but I usually don't pay attension to them.

I'm pretty sure everything you've mentioned is allready available but the big question is what are you willing to pay.

PS... I'm glad you kept your Aveo.... the more people we have the better buying power we will have.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Right now I just want to get that UD pulley, and get a stock Lanos intake manifold with the fuel rail. I don't know if the Aveo fuel rail will hook up to the lanos intake. None of the junkyards around cincinnati have daewoos, so it's hard to find parts around here