Crazy Types of FORCED INDUCTION

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

python235
Junior

Crazy Types of FORCED INDUCTION

Post by python235 »

Chemical Forced Induction
Its A crazy Large Topic

What do u guys think of this ???

A- Phenolphthlene (MOTH BALLS) : putting it with gasoline boosts up octane, its a chemical fact and not wrong
B- Toloueen "SPELLING :( " (Paint Thinner): Acts as a high octane booster but gives exhuast VERY LIGHT Black Color on high rpms

If you think thats crazy CHECK THESE OUT!!!
1- Alchol Pumping Induction: (Pumping Alchol with air intake to make it gas and goes into the COMBUSTION CHAMBER Causes Combustion to become faster and hotter :twisted: (SHOULD BE IN STUDIED AMOUNTS TO PREVENT KNOCKING)
2- Deisel Pumping Induction : You Know DIESL LOVES TO COMBUST FAST :D Helps Fast Induction (SHOULD BE IN STUDIED AMOUNTS TO PREVENT KNOCKING)
3- Acetone (AIR INTAKE PUMPING): PLACED AT THE BEGINING OF THE AIR INTAKE TO EVAPORATE and COOL AIR AND HELPS COMBUSTION LIKE ALCHOL :D
4- Methane GAS: Pumping some with air intake (BOOM! hotter than NITROUS) -> if to much added BYE BYE ENGINE "A STORY ON THAT a porche and a pickup raced car to car, the pickup won cause of methane (LOTS OF BOOST) BUT he lost his engine (WHO CARS HE WON A PORCHE!)

WHATS DO U THINK OF THAT!!! im gonna try
1,4 and i allready tried A,B and the results where GR8
-------------------------------------
-----------------------
-----------
-
VX
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

For most of those ... how well will the seals stand up before they disolve?
python235
Junior

Depends

Post by python235 »

Shouldnt acctually do any probs if the concentraion was right
but all if used wrong can cause
-Knocking
-Melting
-Black Smoke
-Destroy Spark Plugs
-Destroies O2 Sensor

SO NEVER USE ALOT
AND JUST USE IT 3 Times A MONTH MAX!
VX
python235
Junior

The Method Of Making

Post by python235 »

(JUST DONT PUT ME RESPONSIBLE FOR IT ) :D :P

This is how you make most of this crazy stuff
BE SURE U MAKE IT ACCURATE

Use The (((Alchol)))l

- Use the nozzle to make fine spray and u can get one of a bug spray HEAD :D
-Use a Valve to control pumping and u can get one off a fish aquarium pump, the small nooz valve that controls air intake in the tank, place it after the pump before the entrance to the filter
:D
PS: change the right -ve to +ve
VX
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Acetone will eat rubber even in small amounts.... I wouldn't try it if I were you.

Mothballs and Tolulene are commonly used.... most people don't have a problem.

Alcohol is commonly used.... gas line antifreeze is alchohol. (methyl hydrate)

I was told that Alcohol can hurt the injectors if used in too high of a concentration (I don't know if this is true or not )

Alcohol will decrease the likelyhood of knocking (detonation) just like Tolulene

Diesel injection????? Diesel doesn't combust fast at all.... I think this is a really bad idea..... diesel engines work by detonating a high air/fuel concentration...... this would destroy a gasoline engine.
If diesel is used at lower compression to avoid detonation it would burn very slow and odds are most of it would burn in your exhaust pipe instead of your cylinder.

Methane gas..... this is basicly the same as propane injection.... it should work very well but you need to be very carefull about how you inject it.... very precise delivery must be used or it will destroy the engine in seconds.
You can't just add a hose and turn the bottle on.... it would blow your engine in seconds and it could cause an explosion and or fire in the intake of the engine.

Tolulene injection is the safest... and it's cheap.... but poisonous to humans so be very carefull in handling it.
python235
Junior

Tolulene INJECTION???

Post by python235 »

CAN U INJECT Tolulene in the engine without mixing with gas ????
how much power would it give if so?!
and where do i inject it in?
VX
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

my guess is like a wet nos system... in the fuel rail.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Erfinder, I'm not sure if it is different here than it is where you are (possibly because of the temperature or because of exhaust regulations there in Canada?) but the gas line antifreeze/moisture remover alcohol I see most commonly available here (Virginia) is isopropyl alcohol.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Isopropyl alcohol???

Hmmm.... that must be expensive.

Methyl Hydrate is very cheap.... I can get a gallon for a few bucks.

As far as Tolulene.... I think it would be smarter to mix it with the tank of gasoline.

If you look around on the internet you will find calculators that can tell you how much tolulene to add in order to get a particular octane number.

Direct injection is possible just like a wet nos system but you have to add more air to make any power gains ( turbo, supercharger, nitrous oxide )

I've allways thought that a wet NOS/Tolulene system would work well.... but you would also require a fuel pump for the Tolulene.

Overall I think simply adding it to your tank of gasoline is the smartest way to do it but I guess it depends on what your plans are.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Erfinder wrote:As far as Tolulene.... I think it would be smarter to mix it with the tank of gasoline.
As simple as that... i'll start using Tolulene, our gasoline sucks.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I don't see what the purpose of trying to gain higher octane with our current engine management. It doesn't do a thing for performance.
I've compaired the performance of a tank of 87 octane and 94 octane and it was exactly the same.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I noticed a big difference in my carburated Porsche that has no computer.
There is a gas station near my house that sells 118 octane from the pump :shock: :P :D

As for our Daewoos with a stock ECU, I don't really know how much, if any, gain you will see.

Cliff
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

daewooluvr wrote:I don't see what the purpose of trying to gain higher octane with our current engine management. It doesn't do a thing for performance.
I've compaired the performance of a tank of 87 octane and 94 octane and it was exactly the same.
same thing here only i compared 90 with 92 and i found no difference either... maybe the difference was so small to be noticed - if any at all - but the price difference was huge... the 92 costs 40% more than the 90. :evil:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
chefgold

Post by chefgold »

This is where you think outside the box. Take a look at 360 Sprint cars, they race everywhere in North America. They use Fuel injected small blocks using methanol.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

chefgold wrote:This is where you think outside the box. Take a look at 360 Sprint cars, they race everywhere in North America. They use Fuel injected small blocks using methanol.
Yes but their engine managment systems will allow them to do that. Ours are set in stone to be used with 87 octane. Any higher will yield no gains.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com