AVEO vs Cobalt

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Brian5475E wrote:Well guys I'm backing out of this buy and any buys. I'm trading in the Aveo for a Cobalt. There is just so much more for the Cobalt than the Aveo. After a year out and still nothing for the AVEO. I can do sooooo much more with the 2.2 ecotec engine. Sorry guys

Ive heard poor things about the cobalt on the track.. and that it sucks
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Brian5475E wrote:Well guys I'm backing out of this buy and any buys. I'm trading in the Aveo for a Cobalt. There is just so much more for the Cobalt than the Aveo. After a year out and still nothing for the AVEO. I can do sooooo much more with the 2.2 ecotec engine. Sorry guys
For the difference in money you will pay for the Cobalt vs Aveo trade in you could easily have more power than the stock 2.2L Ecotec and the Aveo is way lighter.

Dollar for dollar if you compare the Aveo to the Cobalt (including modifications) your Aveo should kick the Cobalt's ass.

The Aveo weighs about 2300lbs the Cobalt is 3220lbs !!!!!! :shock:

103hp and 2300lbs gives you 22.3 lbs per horsepower
145hp and 3220lbs gives you 22.2 lbs per horsepower

So guess what.... the Cobalt won't be much quicker than your Aveo

Consider this.... lets say you make 300hp from the 2.2L.... for less overall money your 1.6L should be able to push around 220hp

So... this gives the following ratios....

Cobalt 3220lbs/300hp = 10.73 lbs per hp
Aveo 2300lbs / 220hp =10.45 lbs per hp

Net result..... Aveo kicks the Cobalts ass :twisted:

If you want to upgrade your car buy a Suzuki Reno.... they are cheaper than the Cobalt and you can get a full load of options for a reasonable price.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Damn the aveos that light!!!

... i love light cars

Yeah get a reno! (or forenza)
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

There is one thing your forgeting. There are parts already made for the 2.2 that can take it well past 300 hp. What's out there that I can buy for the 1.6 aveo. Nothing! And also the LS manual tranny Cobalt only weighs 2900lbs thats only 600 lbs more than the Aveo
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

there is tons of stuff coming out for the aveo. it just needs to be found
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Brian5475E wrote:There is one thing your forgeting. There are parts already made for the 2.2 that can take it well past 300 hp. What's out there that I can buy for the 1.6 aveo. Nothing! And also the LS manual tranny Cobalt only weighs 2900lbs thats only 600 lbs more than the Aveo

600 pounds is alot! Weight does alot.. worst gas milege.. worst handling, more tire wear, worst braking and more worn brakes. But 2900 pounds isnt bad.. though iknow some people that wont buy a car that weights over 2200 pounds stock

Personally i think the cobalt is ugly too so i hate to see someone tran in an aveo for one.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Well, Cobalt is DEFINATELY better looking than an Aveo. Also, there's a 205hp SuperCharged version of Cobalt.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Brian5475E wrote:There is one thing your forgeting. There are parts already made for the 2.2 that can take it well past 300 hp. What's out there that I can buy for the 1.6 aveo. Nothing! And also the LS manual tranny Cobalt only weighs 2900lbs thats only 600 lbs more than the Aveo
I just don't understand this "there is nothing for the 1.6L engine" idea

Pistons, Cams, Crankshafts, Tubular turbo manifold, high flowing cylinder head, lightened flywheel, adjustable cam sprockets.... what other parts do you want or need ????

Some of the items are extreemly expensive compared to other products but they are available.

When it comes right down to it the 2.0L parts are cheaper and you can make significantly more horsepower.

If you want a 2.0L 16V turbo engine for you Aveo I'm sure we can put a kit together..... but what are you willing to pay??

The 2.0L 16V can make just as much or more power than the 2.2L ECOTEC for less money.

There ratio of 2.0L 16V to ECOTEC engines is probably something like 50:1 ..... the 2.0L Family II engines have been around for nearly 20 years and they are found all over the world.

We will be sorry to see you go but I think your making a mistake spending a pile of money to upgrade to a Cobalt.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I split this off to the general off topic so as to keep the group buy topic "on topic"
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

AcingTeam wrote:Well, Cobalt is DEFINATELY better looking than an Aveo. Also, there's a 205hp SuperCharged version of Cobalt.

Stock i agree... but i think the aveoe looks really good with a body kit. I think the cobalt would look ugly. I dont like the back of the cobalt. I think the ovall car doesnt really look bad.. just weird for a car.. something about it doesnt look very smooth
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

Stock i agree... but i think the aveoe looks really good with a body kit. I think the cobalt would look ugly. I dont like the back of the cobalt. I think the ovall car doesnt really look bad.. just weird for a car.. something about it doesnt look very smooth
to me the back end is the only thing i like about the colbalt b/c it reminds me of the skyline taillights. other than that the supercharger is cool but the power/weight ratio does come into play.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

lanos2001 wrote:
to me the back end is the only thing i like about the colbalt b/c it reminds me of the skyline taillights. other than that the supercharger is cool but the power/weight ratio does come into play.

nick
I like the lights.. but not the overall backend
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Erfinder wrote:I split this off to the general off topic so as to keep the group buy topic "on topic"
Hey Erfinder, you dont happen to know the weight distrubtation on the reno (or forenza) do you?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

in all honesty put the 2.0l in... tune it up (as 360 dynamics can help you in any way shape and form there) and kill some even supercharged cobalts.

I think thats the better route... "The Sleeping Giant" kinda vibe... thats why when i go to wyotech i plan on rebuilding my woo engine and swappin a tranny and possibly even put a custom turbo kit in there... then who's going to be like "Look at that bitch trying to race us"

and on that note

I'm 6-1 as of last night of red light drags.(Lancer)

Kills:
2 CRX's
Corolla XRS
Civic
Accord V6
Celica

Spanked by;
WRX Sti (he just blew away after we hit 4th) ... all i heard was PSSSSH
and i just mutterd... fuck.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

KnightWalace wrote:in all honesty put the 2.0l in... tune it up (as 360 dynamics can help you in any way shape and form there) and kill some even supercharged cobalts.

I think thats the better route... "The Sleeping Giant" kinda vibe... thats why when i go to wyotech i plan on rebuilding my woo engine and swappin a tranny and possibly even put a custom turbo kit in there... then who's going to be like "Look at that bitch trying to race us"

and on that note

I'm 6-1 as of last night of red light drags.(Lancer)

Kills:
2 CRX's
Corolla XRS
Civic
Accord V6
Celica

Spanked by;
WRX Sti (he just blew away after we hit 4th) ... all i heard was PSSSSH
and i just mutterd... fuck.

lol.. its not as bad when you hear the PSSHH.. im always like "fuuuccc" then i hear the PSHH and im just like "wooooaaa... i want turbo"
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport