wish i had a scanner.

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos2001
Expert

wish i had a scanner.

Post by lanos2001 »

well i was looking through the march issue of Sport Compact Car and saw on page 39 a spied picture of the new civic hatch for 2006 and to me it almost has the same dimensions as the lanos hatch. if anyone else has this issue please confirm what i'm seeing or even better get the picture scanned. the front looks totally different but the side/back view just looks too similar.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Image[/list]
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

My friend told me the 2006 jetta has the same lights as the forenza and the body looks alike... but i dont know if i beleive my "friend". Kids lie alot, and for stupid reasons
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well with those pics maybe not. the one in the SCC was covered up so people can't see it when driven. so it looked more like it.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

is ths car going to be in the US?? i know the new ford focus wont be in the US for 3 more years
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I like it..... the back looks like a "transformer" action figure :lol:

The front reminds me of the Honda Oddysey.... but I'm sure that can be fixed with a good body kit.

Hmmm.... you all better hope that I get my project done before 2006 or I might be tempted to buy one :oops: The 2.4L accord engine is a sweet engine.... lots of potential.

:o The honda can be my "winter beater" :lol:
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Erfinder wrote:I like it..... the back looks like a "transformer" action figure :lol:

The front reminds me of the Honda Oddysey.... but I'm sure that can be fixed with a good body kit.

Hmmm.... you all better hope that I get my project done before 2006 or I might be tempted to buy one :oops: The 2.4L accord engine is a sweet engine.... lots of potential.

:o The honda can be my "winter beater" :lol:
So, are you saying you're joining the dark side?

I already have one foot there with the honda management :P

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

It has a good look, although it lookes like a Rsx/woo...
....LanosX?

regardless, still the rear still has some of the hatchback shape, i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to fabricate the bumper, it'd be alot easier to do that then to try a different one.

i like the top pic better, looks more aggressive.... looks like honduh's going after the wrong cars, although the ford focuses are impressively tuneable, their real competition lies between

Corolla, Lancer, Diamante, Galant, Mazda3/6.

and if you put that into the sports car

it's fighting the Celica, RSX Type-s, Lancer Ralliart. Then again those aren't all in the price range.... but tbh if this car does come out, i hope to god it's not a ricer, and it becomes a good car not all show no go.... ...

Better have good torque. I hate the b18 engines lol 190 hp 130 tq.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Efrain A. wrote: So, are you saying you're joining the dark side?
:roll: I own an Acura 3.5RL .... in fact I have owned at least one honda product for the last 9 years.

I like Honda.... but they are boring and cost too much.... I still wish I would have kept my 93 Prelude Si ( H23 ... 2.3 non-vtec )

Don't get me wrong..... the Daewoo products were a great value and I'm having fun fooling with them..... I like the fact that there isn't a big following and that I need to invent stuff to make them work better.

But.... I will probably allways have a Honda product..... the 3.5RL is a sweet luxury car.... it's absolutely awesome for long trips.... and it's whisper quiet even at high speed (where it feels incredibly stable)

Hmmm.... that reminds me that I should dig up the old "what's the fastest you've ever been in a car" post.... now that we have new members it should be fun to see what they say.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Yeah you hsould dig up that post.,.. i dont think i ever saw it. I wanna mention the supra i road in. 8)
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama