How we rate

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

asam
Expert

How we rate

Post by asam »

Check out this stuff.

http://cars.msn.co.uk/Carnews/Top10Sexy ... efault.asp

At least we are better then Lexus.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Intersting...

The girls that have seen my Lanos really like it.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Jeep...we got beaten out by Jeep :!: :?:

Stupid P.O.S. DiamlerChrysler crap. A simple Matiz looks better than the best Liberty. LoL. I have a friend with a raised Wrangler with 35's, headers, and exhaust who once as a joke tried to race me...I sat at the line for 5 seconds and still crushed him...NOT TO MENTION JEEPS ARE UGLY.

Oh well...I never did by a Daewoo for sex appeal. I laugh in the face of other car owners when they hear I'm getting almost 500 miles a tank.

However yes, the girls that have seem my...Lanos... :twisted: do like it.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i don't see how daewoos beat hyundai's but hey at least theres something we can say to ppl that own phat ass tuscani's. :lol:
nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

My gf doesnt care for my car at all... she doesnt like cars. Only thing i dont like about her.. and its a big thing. Lol. But the few girls ive given a ride home love the exhaust sound and the car 8)

But im a teenager that paid for his car himself... it maybe different if i was 30 and driving my car like this.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well i always catch ppl looking at my woo when i'm coming out of stores or something like that. not exactly females all the time. but then again it might be because i'm an ugly son of a bitch. :lol:

save a tree, eat a beaver.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I ALWAYS catch people looking at my wheels.. i love it when they look tell the other person in the car then they look... i never liked showing off till i got my car and i love it.

Oh and i smoke civics. Like the other day i was working (delivery) i came off a red light was going about 20mph and two civics rushed by me accerating hard (one had an exhaust system, both manual). I dropped it into first and slammed it into 2nd and rushed by them in a heart beat. The guy with the exhaust didnt give up.. i got up to 60 and let off and he kept going hard. Just had to share
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Well... no body did that when i was in my Lanos because we have more daewoos in the country - Egypt - than we have people. LOL

it only happened when i first bought the car at the end of 1998... it was a real head turner but now it is very common that you can't go into a street without seen one parked or one passing by.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Ive only seen like 6 forenzas.. mostly old people driving. None fixed up in anyway. Yet
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

And who doesn't smoke civics? :lol:
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Haha. :roll: They arnt that bad... 115-127hp from a 1.7 (depending on which trim) on the coupe civic... im guessing they weight about the same.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

off the subject but is the horse power and max speed on a 98 civic dx. My friend has on and say it has 130hp and maxs at 155mph. I know he is full of it though. All he has is a greddy evo exhaust. my leganza was 130hp and maxed out at 123mph stock, but know with all my mods I have no problem getting to 140mph.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Mine tops out at about 131 mph.. .i think the wheels and lowering springs contribute to that cuz i have no mods really unless you include muffler

Theres no way in hell that civic tops out that high
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Meh...IDK. Civics do have a pretty nice top speed. From Tampa to Gainesville on I-75 we went 110 MPH a couple times. In an A/T in fourth(top) gear we only went to like 2500-3000 RPMS. Car wasn't struggling at all even though it was packed with 4 people and luggage for the weekend. It handled really nicely and only our crappy stock Dunlops held us back. I'm sure if we tried we could have gotten up to 130+ MPH, but 150 is pushing it a little.

The 1.7L D17 is a nice engine that is really stable and quiet even at top speeds, and it has a sh*tload of aftermarket support. The only problem is if anyone has ever seen a 2001+ Civic, it boggles the mind how they shoehorned that engine into that tiny engine compartment. There isn't even a place on the firewall to mount an alarm siren...to change the oil, you have to put the car on jackstands and reach up over the CV joints past the hot exhaust and transmission to get the oil filter. Once you do, you have to be prepared for a flood of hot engine oil that comes spewing out of the hole all over you the floor and the car. Out of any car that I have ever worked on, a Daewoo Lanos has the most spacious engine bay because it was designed for a 2.0L and not a 1.6L.

Bottom line, Civics have bigger engines than our Lanos, are lighter, handle better, and have a higher top speed...yet they are still slower...I guess Honda's legendary engineering has finally gotten the best of 'em. :wink:
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Before i got my lowering springs the only time i could get over about 105 easy was when i had my car packed with people. Weight is alot better at speeds
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport