ricers

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Me

ricers

Post by Me »

dude dont you get tired of the ricer woos that people keep popping up with when i first bought mine i got it for the stealthyness that it had when i pulled up people laugh then i smoked'em. i mean come on you drive a daewoo 2/3 the people in the world dont even know what they are its not like people are gonna come up and be like man i love your car daewoos kick ass and another thing why do you put all this money into performance parts on a AT 1.6 ltr.. i hate it i hate stupid ricer woos and even more so autos
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Re: ricers

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Me wrote:Dude, don't you get tired of the ricer woos that people keep popping up with? When I first bought mine, I got it for the stealthyness that it had. When I pulled up, people laugh; then i smoked'em. I mean, come on, you drive a Daewoo. 2/3 of the people in the world don't even know what they are. It's not like people are gonna come up and be like, "Man i love your car; Daewoos kick ass!". And another thing, why do you put all this money into performance parts for an AT 1.6 ltr.. I hate it. I hate stupid ricer woos and even more so autos.
First of all, nice post! (sarcasm)

If English is your fist language, please refer to your 6th grade English books from when you were in school.
Good grammar, spelling and punctuation are highly appreciated by all.

The majority of Daewoo cars are not ricers. Many are owned by older people who have no idea that upgrading cars is for anyone but punk kids who want to show off.

Of the people who DO upgrade their 1.6L automatic cars, they just want to make their cars go a little faster than they did when they had all stock parts.
Not all Daewoo cars have a 1.6L engine. The U.S. Nubira has a 2.0 and the Leganza has a 2.2L which are not the slowest engines on the road; though they are by no means performance engines when they have all stock parts.

Please, feel free to hate ricer cars all you wish; I dislike them myself. I have an automatic 1.6L , and my goal with the car is to get the best gas milage possible and have a good sounding audio system, not make it go fast.
Had there been a 5 speed at the dealer at the time of purchase, I'd have had it, however, there were only automatics available.

With my silver Lanos hatchback, I have acutally had people comment that they like how it looks and that it is not a car they see every day. This is one of the reasons I bought a 2nd Daewoo; they're different.

:)

Cliff
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Thats why i bought my car, no1s heard of it. More unique yet i can afford it. Hell ive seen less of my car, or all daewoos for that matter than lexus, mercades, porches or any of those rare cars. Sorry for spelling... im stressed this week w/ finals. :roll:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:
Me wrote:Dude, don't you get tired of the ricer woos that people keep popping up with? When I first bought mine, I got it for the stealthyness that it had. When I pulled up, people laugh; then i smoked'em. I mean, come on, you drive a Daewoo. 2/3 of the people in the world don't even know what they are. It's not like people are gonna come up and be like, "Man i love your car; Daewoos kick ass!". And another thing, why do you put all this money into performance parts for an AT 1.6 ltr.. I hate it. I hate stupid ricer woos and even more so autos.
First of all, nice post! (sarcasm)

If English is your fist language, please refer to your 6th grade English books from when you were in school.
Good grammar, spelling and punctuation are highly appreciated by all.

Cliff
Exactly! Trying to read the first post... took me about 30 minutes. I also hate when people pimp out automatic cars.... hate it. But on this forum, people don't have pimped out cars, we're just trying to make them go a bit quicker, so for example, it would accelerate going up the hill faster.
I do agree that when I see a pimped out (bodykit, exhausts, etc) AUTOMATIC cars like civics/preludes/whatever, I just want to throw up.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

hell i'll admit that i was a ricer at first. :oops: i didn't even like ricers before i got my woo. but when i first started out i didn't know too much about cars and what makes them faster or really anything. all i knew was i wanted my car to be faster and nice lookin. and when i first started lookin for stuff for the woo there was nothing except cosmetic stuff for it and that was still a pain in the ass to find as we all know. then i started learning and tinkering with little things like a make shift CAI with an extendable tube and stuff, thats off now.
i can proudly say that i'm more of a tuner :lol: now even though my car doesn't show it yet just for the fact of money being the issue. :x but thats why i came to this forum to learn more and better myself along with my woo. unless you've grown up with cars being hooked up or your woo is like your third project type car i think everyone else actually has no choice but to become ricers at first just b/c of the lack of options. i mean hell unless people actually become lucky and find a place like this right off the bat the first thing they think about are rims and coffee cans for mufflers.(luckily i never liked the Folgers can look so i went with 2 1/4 inch flowmaster cat-back exaust with no tip.)
well thats really all i have to say on this matter.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

AcingTeam wrote:
Exactly! Trying to read the first post... took me about 30 minutes. I also hate when people pimp out automatic cars.... hate it. But on this forum, people don't have pimped out cars, we're just trying to make them go a bit quicker, so for example, it would accelerate going up the hill faster.
I do agree that when I see a pimped out (bodykit, exhausts, etc) AUTOMATIC cars like civics/preludes/whatever, I just want to throw up.
4 cylinder automatics are pointless. If youre pumping upwards of 300 hp out of a V8, autoa are better. This is because the clutch puts more stress on the diff and you will go through too many diffs. A high stall auto is quicker than a manual. For small, girly motors manuals are the way, but if you have any form of real power, autos are faster and more economical when it comes to breakages
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

woo wrote: 4 cylinder automatics are pointless. If youre pumping upwards of 300 hp out of a V8, autoa are better. This is because the clutch puts more stress on the diff and you will go through too many diffs. A high stall auto is quicker than a manual. For small, girly motors manuals are the way, but if you have any form of real power, autos are faster and more economical when it comes to breakages
even if i had a 8V i stil dont want automatic... automatic you cant get the power you need instantly comming out of turn or even in the turn if you got a rwd... and a good tricked out manual can yust as easy put the power on the floor then a auto... heck why are most race cars manual you think? (F1,rally,circuit)
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

im coming from the point of view that a person cannot shift as fast as a machine. How come all the 7 and 8 second drag cars are autos? How come all the competitive hill climb cars are automatics. If you trick out an auto with a high stall converter, you will get the power down alot more consistantly than in a manual and it will shift quicker. I dont want to start a debate, but over here in australia, they sell more autos and the REAL fast cars (anything below about 11 second) are all autos.Even porsche sell slightly more autos over here then manuals.

edit- F1 cars are 7 speed auto's, but that has been banned for 2005
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Wow this post should certainly help him sell his woo on here. LOL

Also, I get compliments on my car all the time. Maybe yours just sucks.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

AcingTeam wrote:I do agree that when I see a pimped out (bodykit, exhausts, etc) AUTOMATIC cars like civics/preludes/whatever, I just want to throw up.
you hate my car :?: :!:
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

... I have an Auto Lanos. Sure it takes a few milliseconds for the power to catch but when it does...it does. Also, I don't have that annoying shake thing my friends Tercel has when its just pulling into first gear, making it slow off the line.

4T40E Auto Trannys are fairly decent when it comes to speed.

Honda Auto Trannys...aren't.

I'm young but my car isn't a ricer... Only thing I have done exterior wise is change to a mesh grill and my custom 180K mile lowering (no work really, car just sits lower than stock but still works fine). Under the hood I've done a few things, and helped out when it comes to weight elsewhere.

No one has ever said that a stock AT Lanos is a screaming speed machine.

But with a little work it ain't a minivan either...

Just be careful who you diss because not everyone shares your views. Last time I checked this forum was for everyone, not just whiny kids with sucky cars who look to "smoke someone".

And yes... grammar school does help.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Ive got wheels and an exhaust, guess im a stupid ricer even though there isnt a DAMN thing out for my car.. well now theres starting to be and its not like my wheels weight 50pounds each. I beleive there 15ish for just the wheel, but the tires weights alot with the extra thick sidewall
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

My comment was directed at the guy who wrote the original post, not you.
:D
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I know 8)
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

woo wrote: F1 cars are 7 speed auto's, but that has been banned for 2005
What have you been smoking???

The F1 cars use a semi-automatic sequential transmission with an elctro-hydraulically activated clutch system.

Here.... read this..... http://f1technical.net/articles.php?id=66

Automatics are used in drag racing because they provide slipage in the torque converter which takes some of the load off the axles/differencial.

This also helps during shifting between gears..... If your running 1000hp and quickly dump a manual gear box clutch into second gear your tires will light up and you will loose control.

Automatics aren't faster than a manual....but they are way easier to control than a manual.

It's also really hard to run through 5 or 6 gears during a 9 second run.