Wow, two accidents this week! *NEW PICS ADDED 4 DECEMBER*

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Wow, two accidents this week! *NEW PICS ADDED 4 DECEMBER*

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

This week has sucked!
Tuesday night, I was on a very twisty road doing 45mph (posted speed is 40mph). There was a lot of oncoming traffic so their lights were making it hard to see.
Just around a curve was a stopped car with it's left turn signal on.
So that I didn't hit them, I locked up the brakes and went off the road into someone's front yard.
There was a motorcycle too close behind me and he lay the bike on it's side and slid up the passanger side of my Leganza.
That left a big mark on the side of the car and a dent on the passanger side front door.

Tonight on my way to work, a deer crossed the road right in front of me.
I was relieved that it had gotten all the way across before I got there.
Suddenly, the deer turned around and ran right back into the road.
It hit the passanger side headlight, broke the mounting tabs and pushed it back inside. The bumper cover has a split in it and the paint on the front corner cracked and peeled off.
After the deer's head hit the front of the car, it's body flipped around and dented the passanger side front door IN THE SAME PLACE where the motorcycle hit!!

AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!
This really bites! :(

At least there was not more damage and no one was hurt.

Cliff
Last edited by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz on Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

damn dude :shock: i'm glad your okay. :lol:
well when something crappy happens to me i always think of the good things. it doesn't always help but its a shot. like in your case at least the deer's body hit the same side as the motorcycle and not the good side.

last weekend i was in missouri meeting an old friend and we went somewhere with a windy ass road probably like the one your were on. i was speeding through on the way there but on the way back it was night time. most of the way was like 50mph with the curves like 35mph. like every fifty feet there were deer crossing signs. i pissed a lot of ppl off that night goin like 30mph the whole way and slower on curves. and since it was so curvey ppl could barely pass. :twisted: i just hate driving on unfamiliar roads especially at night. and all those signs just scared me thinkin that there had been a lot of ppl hitting deer to have that many signs up on one road.

well i hope you have a good body person to help you out on the car man. best of luck and next time you hit a deer always put your dome light on because they usually travel in pairs or more and they're so damn stupid that when the other comes all it sees is headlights and nothing behind them and they just run right into the side of the car. this way they know that theres something behind those big lights.

save a tree, eat a beaver.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Does anyone have a spare passanger side Leganza headlight?

LOL
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

are you insured?? whats with people and (nearly) having accidents this week? I nearly had a head on colision in my brothers car after the tail stepped out a bit around a corner ( its a ute, and had no load in the tray) then i overcorected, overcorrected again, overcorrected AGAIN, then locked up the brakes just before nearly hitting another car. As it turns out, my brother had just changed the good 225's on the back to cheap 205's (for rego) and he has had a hard time with traction too. I still like V8s though.......
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I'm insured, but I'm not claiming; not with how much I allready pay after a bad series of accidents 2 and 3 years ago. I'm still really paying for them. :( At least now, my insurance is DOWN to $374 a month. After the accidents happened a couple years ago, I was paying almost $600 each month.

So, with that in mind, I am trying to do this all cash out of pocket.

:)
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

phone around korean car wreckers. I can get bits for my car (2nd hand) real cheap. A brakelight switch was $20 although a factory one was $250 :D
330w carbon kevlar

AcingTeam
Expert

Re: Wow, two accidents this week! My poor car! :(

Post by AcingTeam »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:I was relieved that it had gotten all the way across before I got there.
Suddenly, the deer turned around and ran right back into the road.

Cliff
lol for some reason I find this very funny.
Deer: "Actually, wait a sec, I think I see a daewoo" as he comes back lol

That does suck though
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

haha how nice of you to find pleasure in another misery. :)
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

I hope it is safe to assume that the Deer is okay? I am sorry to hear about your strange luck this week. I hope you get a ton of "good karma" next week.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

Tim04 wrote:I hope it is safe to assume that the Deer is okay?
If the deer was ok, i'd be guessing cliff shot it for all the troubles it had caused..........
330w carbon kevlar

AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

daewooluvr wrote:haha how nice of you to find pleasure in another misery. :)
We all love OZ.....
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

woo wrote:
Tim04 wrote:I hope it is safe to assume that the Deer is okay?
If the deer was ok, i'd be guessing cliff shot it for all the troubles it had caused..........
yahhh deer steaks and deer jerky..mmm...
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

[quote="TheGreatAndPowerfulOz"] At least now, my insurance is DOWN to $374 a month. After the accidents happened a couple years ago, I was paying almost $600 each month.
[quote]
:shock: :shock: :shock: $374 per month????

Man.... I thought I was getting screwed at $98 CDN per month ($82 USD)

Sorry to hear about your car.... your best bet is probably to buy another one with a wrecked engine..... then you can make the best of both vehicles and still have some parts left over.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote: At least now, my insurance is DOWN to $374 a month. After the accidents happened a couple years ago, I was paying almost $600 each month.
:shock: :shock: :shock: $374 per month????

Man.... I thought I was getting screwed at $98 CDN per month ($82 USD)

Sorry to hear about your car.... your best bet is probably to buy another one with a wrecked engine..... then you can make the best of both vehicles and still have some parts left over.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Yea, I'm 20-years-old, and I'm paying 2 grand per year for a FULL coverage. So it's like 167 bucks a month...