Daewootech.com homepage

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

KnightWalace
Expert

Daewootech.com homepage

Post by KnightWalace »

Is it just me? Everytime i try www.daewootech.com i get something about the pres. election.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

I think it is just you
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

You must have some issues with your computer..... like a browser hijacker or tracking cookie.

Go to http://www.LavaSoft.de

On the top right side click on the CNET Download.com link and it will take you to where you can download the free version of Ad-Aware..... which is a kick ass program that checks your system and get rid of any cookies or programs that track your internet usage.

Install this program and run a "full system scan"

I bet it will find about 50 problems with various programs that are integrated into your internet browser.

This website is 100% funded by a single individual.... there are no pop-ups and no spam.....we have zero sponsors.

If you get anything like this poping up that means you have some serious malware integrated into your browser and you need to use the Ad-Aware program to get it out.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

lol i have Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3.... and Mozilla firefox... and i just reinstalled windows an hour before i posted... so i dunno

RRM Turbo Kit
Some other goodies.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Funny you should mention that combination..... my electronics lab computer was using that exact same combination and the Ad-Aware found 157 objects including six "malware programs". :x

My primary Tech figured he'd be better off with the Mozilla Firefox but it did nothing for blocking "malware" and the Spybot didn't work worth a damn.

I thought he mentioned something about Firefox blocking pop up advertisements..... obviously this isn't true if you are getting some crap about the presidential election.

I just about blew a gasket on him.... that computer has access to our accounting program so I was really mad that he installed several programs without my permission.

One of the programs was a game from a Microsoft Server.... and the damned thing had a "browser assistant" integrated into the software installer..... so it installed a "browser hijacker" at the same time as the game.

Anyways..... you should install Ad-Aware anyways..... it's a great tool for finding stuff the other programs let slide by.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

When you say you reinstalled Windows an hour before..... was it a complete wipe (including the old Registry ????)

Most of the Malware is hidden in the Registry and Windows folders.

Some are integrated into the internet explorer directories as well.... so a reinstallation over an old version does not purge many of these tracking cookies and malware programs.

They aren't really a virus.... they just transmit information about what you are looking at back to another server on the internet so they can collect information on you.

Unfortunatly they are a side effect from the evil cookies we all use on websites.

If however you purchase the full version of Ad-Aware SE it will automaticly sort out the info and disallow any malware or tracking cookies so that websites can't track you.

Until the websites stop requiring cookies we are all stuck with two choices.... accept the cookies or the site won't function correctly.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Yea,

I'm pretty good with computers... i've had a job in the field for 2 years for my high school as I attended and i'm in college for it right now.

I'm going to install ad-aware... but yes i did a complete format.

RRM Turbo Kit
Some other goodies.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

That is so wierd.... you have a complete wipe and you got a pop up.

Definitly not this site.... never had one.... not even once.

The LT3 site on the otherhand.... well.... that's why I don't spend much time there... I hate pop-ups they drive me crazy.