everyones trashin the woo

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

markest hour

everyones trashin the woo

Post by markest hour »

i dont know about everyone else, but im tired of people talking trash about daewoos. i see it everywhere. i'm from tampa, and we have a website called tamparacing.com and in it, alot of people like to trash daewoos, especially alot of the honda owners. its funny though, because i raced a riced out civic last night and i smoked it, at least by 2 car lengths, and all i have in my lanos is CAI! :twisted: hehe. by the way, is there any other people in here from tampa?
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

There are so few Woos around where I live that people don't know them well enough to talk trash about them.
The most I ever get is "What is that?" and "Where did you get it?"
Then when the ride it either of my Woos, they really like them.

With my busy life, I never have time to associated with any Honda ricer drivers, so I have never heard Daewoo trashing. In fact, I have never even set foot in one of these import performance shops, even when a coworker of mine worked a second job in one right by work.

Maybe I'm just sheltered... LOL

Cliff
markest hour

Post by markest hour »

yeah, believe it or not theres quite a few here in tampa, but way more hondas. :( i just think that daewoos are great cars and have alot potential, and theyre gonna come out and surprise everyone. speaking of surprised that guy in the honda was so "surprised" he flicked me off at the next light. hahaha :twisted:
'02 Lanos 1.6 16v ETEC
"the blackmobile"
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Even with my Lanos being an automatic, it leaves most cars at the light, very often, including most of the Honda ricers.

I'm still not sure why my Lanos has a lot more power than the other Lanos' I have driven. It has been like this since I bought it. Maybe I was lucky and got a car built on a Tuesday afternoon (if you know the joke theory of car production - LOL)!

The cars I have not been able to beat have been a 3000GT, a '03 Supra, a '72 Boss Mustang with a suprcharger sticking out of the hood and a Dodge 3500 Supercab (is that the V10 engine?). There was a VW R32 AWD that left me like I still had my foot on the brakes - LOL.

Cliff
markest hour

Post by markest hour »

hehe yeah, i know how u feel with that VW. i thought it would be funny to race a 350z the other night, by the time i was in 2nd gear the 350 was like a mile ahead of me lol. 8) yeah, but anyways i just dislike people who are hostile towards daewoo owners, luckily where you're from there arent any, but in tampa it gets really annoying.
'02 Lanos 1.6 16v ETEC
"the blackmobile"
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Hey Man, I'm in Clearwater. Yeah there are A LOT of ricers in the Bay Area and they do hate on Daewoo's (lots of us here too). Sure it pisses me off but what the hell... I know my car (bone stock) can beat the crap out of any riced Civic and can at least keep up with more "honorable" cars.

It's better for everyone to have low expectations for our cars so then they shut their mouths when we beat them.

They can talk all the shit they want but I'm pretty sure a lot of Civic drivers have the back end of a Lanos memorized. :D
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

What i do to get respect for my woo is just drive it harder than anyone else and say i don't drive it that hard. Its an auto but will beat my firends 3L and 3.3L comodores and any honda or hyundai that challenges it. Demonstraiting the cars "prowess" puts me in the position to badmouth anything. An interesting point to note is that my laganza is quicker than my sisters celica.
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

markets hour:

Im surrounded of Hondas and other brands, im used to get trashed all over... but sometimes is cool to play has the underdog...

Speaking from true experience,

I've been/driven in this Hondas and other cars midly tuned and high tuned and yes they're quite fast and cool adrenaline rush machines... like anyother car can be... unfortunally the daewoo backgroud is to make "shitty/slow cars"... honestly they're in fact slow...

Honestly since i cant afford a more well "known" brand... i started to search... over 1 year of search and discovered the great world of Opel/Vauxhall and told myself "HEY! i can have one of those"

Then i fell in love with mine!!

my car came with a 1.5 8v (86 HP)... i could not even beat a stock 1.5 Civic... it ran 20sec 1/4 times.... i was going NUTZ! then i found a 2.0 8v (100HP/117 lb.ft torque)... well now its getting better... 16.5 sec 1/4 times... now i could beat some slower cars :roll: and it was fun to see mid 14sec cars trying to catch me on the highway :lol: (on 3rd and 4th gear)... then i tried the magic button (a 55 HP shot of NOS)... now it was a 15.4!!!... then people came to ask me: what engine you have there? a Honda engine? a Toyota? (hybrids are common here)... a then i said (with a big smile on my face!) err... NOPE its still a 100% pure Daewoo!

Im usually on a Honda tunning garage and giving people advice on how to do things and how this works, etc..., i really feel i get respect from my friends and my car... its really hard to be different but the main thing is to be patient!

Im currently working on a C20XE (2.0 16v) engine for my Racer... But hey, ill still get beat by some faster cars, now ill be in the middle of the chain... constant mid 15 sec 1/4 times... and who knows... maybe a 14.9 :wink:

There're some members here that want to improve their performance... but hell its a pain to find "bolt-on parts"... honestly i've done all my research and pass this info to my mechanic and he's doing the work... This is not a night to day Job... it takes time, time, and some serious efford to prove that you can do what you want no matter what everyone says...

Honestly im anxious to see Erfinder's proyect ! but it takes time like all proyects! for sure in some time when they start talking trash you can say: hmm... there's a 12 second all-Daewoo car in canada!

Be patient, and you'll see!

:roll:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Not to step in and correct but the last year the Supra realesed was '98. Toyota is planning to bring back a much faster car called the "Volta" in 2006. We own one of the last Supra's that rolled out of the Factory. Very, Very fast with the exhaust, cai, and nos intercooler.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Ok .. I thought it was newer than it actually was. I'm not a Toyota expert. :)
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

But you are a Daewoo Expert. My dad is a fleet manager at Toyota of Puyallup. I get to know more than I want about Toyota's. Plus I got my Daewoo Leganza for $4000 with only 6,000 miles on it. :D
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

From What i heard,

Toyota and Nissan to release their Road monsters (toyota round 2 anyways) in 2008.

Skyline and Supra... In the US.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Toyota is planning a new sports car to be released in 2006. Most info is secret. So far I hear it will be called the Volta. There is another on the works to replace the celica since it's last year is 2005. if you want more info i will try to get it.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

asam wrote:But you are a Daewoo Expert.
I seem to have everyone fooled pretty well!!

LOL

Just because it says Expert under my name at the left of the screen, doesn't mean I know as much as I'd like. :)

I just try to help everyone out as much as I can.

Cliff
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

THe "Volta" is supposedly a Hybrid Sports car. Roughly, i believe to be, a 400 hp ( 75 hp elec., 325 gas). I personally don't like it. It's body design just leaves a look of disgust on my face. Image

I miss cars like the Supra, The Prelude and the RX-7. The companies try to recreate ( Rx-8 ) but it's just not the same. Toyota has no sports car (more sports compact) other than what the celica can be. If they do away with that, and people don't like the Volta... what choice is left?

It would be down to(sports car and compacts)....In production:

Acura RSX/NSX/TSX
Chevy Cobalt/Camaro/Corvette/Aveo
Dodge Neon/SRT-4
Ford ZX3
Honda Civic/Accord/S2000/SI
Hyundai Tiburon
Kia Spectra/Rio
Lexus IS300/IS430
Mazda RX-8/3/6/miata
Mercury Cougar
Mitsubishi Eclipse/Lancer Evo (i miss the 2nd gen eclipse... i like the 4th gen so far)
Nissan 350z/Sentra Se-R V-spec (stretching it i know)
Pontiac GTO/Firebird
Saturn Ion
Subaru WRX/STi/Legacy
Suzuki Reno/Aerio
Toyota Celica/Corolla S
Volkswagen Golf / Jetta

Yes the list is long and i know i stretched it....... but JDM has and still is dropping some of my fav. cars.... i just wish they'd bring something back.

The only ones i can stand are the Tiburon, Spectra, 350Z, RSX, NSX, Corolla S, and the Lancer Evo.
Last edited by KnightWalace on Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.