Just missed getting a 1999 Daewoo Nubira by $25

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Just missed getting a 1999 Daewoo Nubira by $25

Post by PrecisionBoost »

:cry: :? :cry:

I was bidding on a 99 Nubira on EBAY but I got beat out at the last second

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 79950&rd=1

I had bid $1350 with 3 seconds to go but the guy who won the auction had allready submitted a bid of $1375 four seconds before I put mine in (which is why my bid doesn't show up on the bid history)

Oh well....I guess I will have to keep hunting for a "drag strip" car

I was originally looking for a Lanos anyways... it would be lighter than the Nubira.
Last edited by PrecisionBoost on Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

On the other hand I did manage to pick up a Lacetti/Nubira service manual pretty cheap so the day wasn't an entire loss.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Oh to bad Chris.... put i prefer a Lanos has a drag car! :wink:

cant wait to see that!!!! maybe ill have to take a plane to Canada only to drive that little beast ! :wink:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Originally the reason for bidding on the car was that the T20SED motor I'm going to purchase will cost me about $850 USD ( complete with all wiring,ecu and accessories)

I figured the whole Nubira was going to end up around $1000 so it was well worth it... and even at $1400 I probably could have made some money back by selling the automatic transmission.

I tried my best to get it... If I had only bid $50 more I would have got it :cry:

Oh well perhaps another one will pop up.

I even tried emailing the guy who won to tell him I'd be interested in the car if he gets it and finds that it needs major repairs but the address he had listed with EBAY was fake... so it bounced back at me.

I will have to keep an eye on it and see if this guy actually goes through with the transaction.

Oh well.... I guess that will teach me to bid too low in the last few seconds.
Last edited by PrecisionBoost on Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Another crappy result of me loosing this auction is that we had plans to make parts for that year of Nubira (body kit, intake ect) ... we needed this car as a template for parts.

Perhaps it would be better to get a 2000 instead of a 1999 anyways.