Hello from the Hurricane State

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

SkyGuardian

Hello from the Hurricane State

Post by SkyGuardian »

Hello, my name is Luke, 19, and I'm just introducing myself to the forum. I looked for a new entry for people to come in and like talk, but can't find one. So I decided to post it here. I just recently bought a 2001 Daewoo Lanos, redid & rebuilt the engine with my dad (got another engine from another Lanos at a junkyard), just bought new rims and brakes, and I'm starting on the interior. I bought the car for $800, but the engine was fried. When we took out the original engine, the old owners never changed the oil, so all the oil was actually cooked onto the camshaft, I was able to actually chip away oil bits away from the casing itself. My dad is a mechanic and when he saw this, he just felt like it was just a disgrace.

Anyways, the car is still on its way to becoming a better vehicle then before. At least now it has a better home. But, when I got the car, I wanted to learn more about the car itself, and luckily you guys have this website. Its great that there is a site dedicated to a car company which I thought didn't exist anymore. So I hope to get tips on improving the car and making it comfortable for me to drive home, to work, and to college.

I am a Sophomore college student studying to get my A.S. in Aeronautical Science and then onto to a Master's in Aeronautical Science. I start flying again this summer, and I hope to get me Pilot's License by the end of December. So yeah, I guess that's enough for me.

*If you guys need to move this thread to another location, please go ahead*
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Hello from the Hurricane State

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Welcome, your post found the right area.

Always keep in mind the lanos is a European GM product produced in Korea, so there are lots of interchangeable parts with cars here in north america.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
SkyGuardian

Post by SkyGuardian »

Sweet good to know. Yea my dad told me about that, I've been searching for parts, and luckily I've found some, but for certain things I can't seem to find anything for the car :cry:
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Welcome to the forum.

what's that you dont find?

Efrain
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
SkyGuardian

Post by SkyGuardian »

I've been looking for a cigarette lighter plug for my socket, since the car didn't come with one. I've been searching for like LED type ones and its weird how I can't find one. I remember my dad buying one for his truck and its an LED, but he bought it at Walmart and when I went, there aren't anymore on the shelves. I've looked on ebay, Autozone and get nada.

Anybody know any places for this kind of stuff?

Once I get the exterior done, I'll post up some pics. The interior is what I want to finish up since I want it to look really nice, both in and out.
SkyGuardian

Post by SkyGuardian »

Here's a couple of pics of my car (just click pic):
Image Image Image Image Image
Trackerrrr

Post by Trackerrrr »

Welcome to the site. I've had good luck with Rockauto for parts for my Daewoo Leganza here in the States. You can also order directly from Daewoo at http://www.daewoous.com. A factory lighter assembly is $20.
Chris
1999 Leganza SX