Bad News!!!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

RealComrad
Junior

Bad News!!!!!

Post by RealComrad »

Well, this is it, it's over and out :evil: :evil:
ITS FINAL!!!!THE NAME DAEWOO WILL DISAPPEAR FROM THE EUROPEAN MARKET, AND GUESS WHAT??? THEY WILL CHANGE THE NAME INTO CHEVROLET :evil:

I've got this news from my secret source and it's gone be official begin september, the change itself is from Januari 2005

So nomore Daewoo, but only Chevy :cry:
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

The strange thing is why they didnt strat with the chevy name in the firstplace?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

So the remaining warranties etc the Chevy will be reliable for?
RealComrad
Junior

Post by RealComrad »

AcingTeam wrote:So the remaining warranties etc the Chevy will be reliable for?
Yes, Chevy will deal with that, but what is strange , Daewoo is doing a lot better than last year (sales in germany +52%, Belgium +42%)
People slowly begin to like Daewoo, then they come with this
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

I know this is off subject....but where have you been?(RealComrad) It has been a while since we last saw a post from you. :shock:
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

Interesting, do you know if your secret 'source' has any idea if chevy may go rallying next year?

stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Are the Daewoo's going to be sold at Opel dealerships or are they simply going to change all the existing Daewoo dealer signs over to Chevrolet.

Either way it's going to make for better service and generate more sales. (plus they can suck money out of GM for things like Rally Cars )

Don't get me wrong... it sucks that they are killing the name but at the same time they've allways been a GM based vehicle anyways.

A few years prior to Daewoo going bankrupt GM was one of the major owners of Daewoo... and all the Daewoo vehicles use a GM based powertrain based upon older Holden/Opel/Vauxhall vehicles.

So I guess this news only really sucks if you don't like GM/Chevrolet.

If you look at the big picture this means the Daewoo cars are going to be taken seriously by aftermarket parts companies because they know that a car with the Chevrolet emblem on it is going to stick around for a while.

My Daewoo allready has a Chev badge on it and I don't mind.... there are a dozen (or two) dealerships I can go to in my city and each and every one has parts and can service my car.

( I actually removed the Chev emblem a week after I got the car but I haven't decided if I'm going to put a different emblem up yet or keep it bare )
RealComrad
Junior

Post by RealComrad »

Tim04 wrote:I know this is off subject....but where have you been?(RealComrad) It has been a while since we last saw a post from you. :shock:
I've been working a lot of houres and have been father for second time, that's way I didn't visit this forum for long time (+ wheather was fine for 3 weeks, so I went on vacation for 2 weeks)
RealComrad
Junior

Post by RealComrad »

They are going to rename all Daewoo-dealers into chevy-dealers
The problem here is that if we hear "Chevy", we think at big cars or sport-cars, like the corvette etc..
And that's not all, by the beginning of next year, there will be a little SUV sold here as Chevy, but it's really a F**KING LADA!!! :evil: :evil:
RealComrad
Junior

Post by RealComrad »

here some pic's of the Niva

RealComrad
Junior

Post by RealComrad »

For those who are interessted read more at
http://www.autoindex.org/img/news.gif
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

RealComrad wrote:They are going to rename all Daewoo-dealers into chevy-dealers
The problem here is that if we hear "Chevy", we think at big cars or sport-cars, like the corvette etc..
And that's not all, by the beginning of next year, there will be a little SUV sold here as Chevy, but it's really a F**KING LADA!!! :evil: :evil:
Do you mean the Chevy Niva? It doesn't look all that bad, but looks can be deceiving as I have never seen one up close.

ImageImage

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

LOL .. that was fast!
I clicked reply before the other pics were posted!

hahaha
RealComrad
Junior

Post by RealComrad »

OK it looks not bad but it still is a LADA !!! You know?? Russian???
And Lada's have a cheap reputation over here, it's an old peoples car
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

RealComrad wrote:OK it looks not bad but it still is a LADA !!! You know?? Russian???
And Lada's have a cheap reputation over here, it's an old peoples car
No, actually, I don't know. There are no Ladas in the US and until this thread, I had never even heard of Lada.
I didn't even know they were Russian.

:)

Cliff