daewoos suck

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bestlanosinmaine

daewoos suck

Post by bestlanosinmaine »

guys...ive had my daewoo for over a year now....its a 1.6 lanos and it looks and goes pretty decent....but its a daewoo....im finally realizing the significant lack of power....im goin to the honda gang now.....im deff not getting a civic cuz there gayer than hell.....but i found a nice GSR and let me tell you i wont have that lack of power anymore....have fun looking for hours to find parts off other cars....come and find me when u get real cars....i love my lanos...but it has no balls
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Why are you so negative towards us? "when u get real cars"..... There's no need to insult us.
Also, it took you over a year to figure out that it's slow? Why did you buy it in the first place?

Anyways, I'm happy that you found a GSR, those things are fast.
Also, if you want to get technical, GSR would be considered an Acura gang, not a Honda one.
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

bestlanosinmaine

Congratulation on your new car! Yeah I like tose but I'm really happy with my Lanos and with the new engine in I will try against my fiend GSR. Sad to eard that you had problem finding part or upgrade. I found my woo pretty easy to fix and after having it for 3 years now I would rebuy it tomorrow. Have a look at the difference bettween the categorie of car you are talking about...about 20 000 can of difference when you buy it new. There is always a better car. Just get the one that is made for you.

Mat 8)
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

lol funny post tbh... i opsite then you used to like honda my m8 has one now ok its not the power version of it those are fast troo but you can make any car go faster then a other one (if ya want to spend money/time) i used to like honda but then really need high RPM to run good (5500 and up) fun yes... practical? no. the gearboxes these days are to long so before you can have fun with it in belgium your already way over speed limit.... i like my lanos i love it really but lacks power yes... want to fix it but dno yet.. drove a mazda other day and found those got both low and high rpm power.. so i dno maybe ill put a mazda engine in my lanos one day :p

still dont c why you should diss it so much lol daewoo is a difrent genre of car then honda anyways
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Man you need a car with balls? (that sound gay to me). But whatever, if you are looking for a car to compensate another thing on you, It's your life.

*By the way I have a nubira and I race with hondas all the time. Some time ago on the speed way, I run agaist my friend honda civic coupe, (with gas injectors, intake, etc) I win by 1 seg at 90 miles. With my car stock. :twisted:
ImageImage
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

I dont hate you for taking the Honda Route...and by the way Honda/Acura are the same there is no "Acura" gang, it's just "Honda"

It's challenging owning an underated car, but challenges make you stronger. They make you learn more too. I know people with 14 -13 second GSR's and SI's that have no Idea how the car is making it's power. They just drop it off at the performance shop with a couple of grand and find themselves in bolt on or bolt in heaven.

Most of the slackers couldn't name one part off the bottom end of an engine. Most only know about the stuff they see in the NOPI ad in Sport Compact Car and Super Street.

If you have a craving to join the masses, that's an indication that your character is weak and you cannot stand alone. I'm pretty sure that at one time or another you liked your Lanos and you had big hopes for it. I'm sure as time passed and you got discouraged that aftermarket "bolt-ons" were not just magically appearing at your doorstep via racer boy fare, that you started looking for the easy way out. Plus your "friends" probably started ragging on you too right? BTW Hondas are not "In-Style" anymore that went away in "01" VTEC isn't the "Shit" anymore. Every one has Variable Valve Timing and electronic lift and ignition control of some sort. So why stick to Honda. They make a badass S2000 but it's $35,000.
If you are gonna be a traitor at least do it with class. At least get a vehicle with some "Balls" as you put it. Get something that "YOU" can tune, not Joe at the local race shop. Get something outside of the box man!

It's ashamed that you have no faith in yourself and the members of this forum and our community. If you truly feel the way you do. I for one am estatic to see you go. Best of luck to you and all.

:lol:
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

BTW

Why is a civic "gayer than hell" and a fck*in integra is sooooo cool?
It's the same damned car for the most part. And they both are friggin ugly if you ask me and I've owned a civic so i'm not being biased. Can you explain that to me. What makes the Civic so gay? Let's have a go at your fortitude. Or was your statement just something you heard someone else say. Did you think we all would just jump on the bandwagon and say" Yeah dude the are gay HAHHAH!" Come on slacker get a life. You are a peon dude, and the sad thing is you don't even see it, at all! If you would have said any other car manufacturer besides Honda, I would have never opened my mouth, much less bash you. Yet you chose a Honda the most mindless tuner car fucking ever! Oh my god I'm ashamed I ever owned one. GOD! We can part on good terms if you actually get off your duff to do some research and choose a better car, and I refuse to give you any hints.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Hint no.1 Do not go with Suzuki.

Just kidding Tim lol
scourge
Junior

Post by scourge »

Pffft, troll. Ban the facker!

Get a "real" car? :roll: Childish trolls are so played out these days. Sure, BS was new back in the day, but repeating the same old tired crap from the 1990s? :roll: Get with the program!

I had an R32 Nissan Skyline that would smoke any Daewoo on this board. So what. I don't dislike the Lanos any less. Still would like to swap over a Pulsar GTi-R SR20DET and AWD components and have a US legal Pulsar.

Kids these days.... :roll:
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well I guess I should put in my two cents .... here is my story and how I got into Daewoo cars....

I've had all kinds of Honda/Acura products..... 93 Civic DX, 93 Prelude Si, 98 Acura 3.5RL (which my wife still drives)

I considered myself a "Honda man" but then I purchased a lake lot and a boat so I needed a truck.

I sold my mint 93 Prelude Si for $15K and bought an 83 GMC Pickup truck for $1100

I dropped in a modified performance engine and fixed it up nice.

It's a great truck but the gas mileage was killing me ( 9 MPG :shock: )

I was paying about $300 per month in gas.

So then I figured I'd buy a cheap economy car to drive back and fourth from work to save on gas and keep the truck for weekends at the lake.

So I picked up a nice little Daewoo Lanos brand new and immediatly saw my bills drop down to $85 per month ( I only put 500 miles per month on my truck now )

I was really impressed with the Lanos.... it's power and handled were as good as my Civic DX or possibly slightly better.

Eventually I missed my sports car power (Prelude Si and Nissan 300ZX) so I started thinking about dumping my Lanos for an expensive sports car.

I almost put a deposit on a WRX STi but the manager pissed me off so I told him where to shove it.

Then I looked at a G35 Coupe and was very close to buying it when I thought to myself ..... " I could probably make that Lanos eat G35's for lunch for a quarter of what these new cars cost"

So I started digging and found this Forum.

At first I was disappointed that there were no "off the shelf" go fast parts available for the Lanos but then I realized that if I did a custom job it would be something unique.

If you buy a Civic and have a local shop drop in some performance parts you will be just like the other 200,000 modified Civic owners out there.

On the other hand you can take the Lanos and have a chance to be different and make everyone take notice of you.

Nobody notices modified Civics anymore.... they are boring and all look the same because everyone uses widely available kits.

If you modify your Lanos it will probably be the only one around and nobody will have a ride like yours.... you will be unique.... you will stand out in a crowd.

Sure they will laugh at you at first... until you smoke one of these modified Civics.... then they will come beggin to you saying "Damn man what you got in there?"

So bestlanosinmain.... who do you want to be .... the guy everyone is talking about or the guy in the Civic that just got smoked by a Lanos?

If you think they will laugh at you when you are driving a Lanos just wait until your modified Civic's looses to a Lanos.

The Lanos is a sleeper... nobody will take it seriously.... until you leave them in cloud of smoke.

Is it frustrating not being able to find parts..... yes.... but more and more parts are becoming available from other cars (like the Chev Aveo ).

Taking a car and doing a custom modification takes time.... if you can't be bothered to spend the time you don't deserve to drive it.

This is why I still drive a Daewoo product even though I can afford cars that cost 10 times what I payed for it.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Your car needs balls?
Order them here:
http://www.hitchcorner.com/bull_balls.htm
I see several cars and trucks around where I live with these hanging from the back. LOL

I drive a Lanos because it was inexpensive and I needed a replacement commuter car for work & school. At $5900 new, I couldn't get a better deal anywhere. I have actually made it a little slower by adding rather a lot of sound deadening and audio equipment. I never intended it to go fast, I just wanted decent gas mileage.

When I am in the mood for power & fun, I get out my Porsche.

Cliff
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz, LOL hahaha....
Those Bull Balls must add like 100hp at the wheels.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

50 Hp a Testicle... DAAAAAANG... Now... is this a "Bolt-On"

**Insert Peter Griffon Voice**

Eh? .... Eh? ... Funny Eh? .... Eh?
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

haha, I don't think it's a bolt-on application. It requires some modifications and preferably installed by a professional. lol
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

I would prefer a professional install these, maybe a car surgeon, aka ... the mechanic.... just hope you don't confuse these with his.