Fraudulent eBay sale?

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Fraudulent eBay sale?

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Something about this doesn't sound right to me...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=12478

You are bidding on a beautiful 2001 Daewoo Lanos 4 door sedan. This car is in great condition with brand new tires, hubcaps, and a computer system. The car has about 20,100 miles but since the computer system was changed, (due to a tachamoter malfunction believed to be caused by the computer), some of the mileage was "lost" when the new computer was installed. So, currently the mileage on the car reads 7,000 miles, but before the computer was changed the vehicle had 13,000 original miles, therefore, bringing it to a total of about 20,100 miles. Vehicle still has remainder of factory warranty. Vehicle has never been in an accident and is smoke-free.

Let me get this straight...
The computer went bad and the car's odometer LOST mileage?
How?
I have changed the computer in a Lanos before and it was located under the passanger seat. The dash was not touched, and the milage was not changed in any way.

Is someone trying to sell a car with the odometer rolled back?

Cliff
SuperDuperDaewoo
Junior

Post by SuperDuperDaewoo »

Also, I was under the impression that the U.S. Daewoo Lanos did not come with the tachometer.
If you don't have a Woo, You don't have a clue!
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I was thinking about this today. Since the car is in Illinois, perhaps it is one that was brought down from Canada that had a tach. They may have changed the guage cluster so it had miles and not kilometers for an easier resale in the U.S. They may not have mentioned it was a Canadian car in the auction.

Just a thought...

The best thing to do is ask the seller questions ... that is, if anyone is interested in the car, which I am not because it is too far for me to pick up.