hello im new

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ZumiezRacer

hello im new

Post by ZumiezRacer »

hey im new to the forum. i cant belive there is a daewoo forum....this is kinda cool. well also i have a 99 leganza that i wana trick out..... it has the 2.2 dohc engine in it. what would be a good first upgrade other than exaust and intake.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well befor you do upgrades, i (and others will) sugguest a new timing belt, idler, tensioner, and water pump. after that is out of the way..... slam that bitch to the ground! lol

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
matthys

Post by matthys »

how often should the belt and the water pump be replaced?
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

every 60,000 miles at the latest.

Jimmy
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i say every 50,000 miles. its betterto replace them early then late

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Earlier the better, I've been to many junk yards here in town and all of them that have daewoos are missing heads... (Entrepreneurs take them off and service dead woos who's timing belts have broken and resell them for decent money here.)

If your timing belt breaks, you're sure to have some trouble... bent valves ect... Not worth it to find out about it after you thought it had been changed...

edit:Grammar correction...
a woo that is a work in progress
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

With regards to upgrades.... it really depends on your budget.

If you have $40,000 kicking around I can help you order a 750hp turbo engine from Germany ( which is a close relative of your 2.2L DOHC ) with a RWD conversion so you can keep up to the tricked out twin turbo Supras.

Or... if you only have a few hundred.... I'd suggest an underdrive pulley and intake (exhaust isn't that restrictive... I gained next to nothing on a dyno after a conversion to a 2.5" mandrel bent stainless system I designed )

The best power gains were from the underdrive pulley as it really made a difference in the higher RPM levels and made the steering feel sportier.

I think the leganza has speed sensitive steering...... so I'm not sure how it would react to an underdrive pulley.

Intake was good for a few peak horsepower and a better midrange powerband.

Other simple upgrades include the installation of a grounding kit.... which can in some cases make the engine feel more responsive and increase power slightly

Your Leganza is pretty heavy.... so any little bit of power will help.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
ZumiezRacer

Post by ZumiezRacer »

since the leganza is pretty heavy. ima gut most of the interior that i dont need like the trunk stuff back seats and ect when i go out to race. i raced a 08 honda fit and smoked it, and then yell
ed oh shit son, yo ass just got smoked by a daewoo....lmao. and now everytime i roll up to my friends house. they quote pinnaple express