Purchased a Japanese Mini Truck

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Purchased a Japanese Mini Truck

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I have been looking at buying a Japanese Mini Truck for various jobs such as landscaping, snow plowing and hopefully pulling my boat out of the lake.

I was digging around and it seems that a few people have taken out the little 0.660 L 3 cylinder engines and dropped in larger motorcycle engines.

They are only 4 feet wide and not very long.... similar to a side by side ATV like the gator, rhino, ranger.

They only weigh 1100 lbs.... so not that much more than a good sized cruizing style motorbike

Then I came across this site where they are throwing in a Nissan Skyline engine/tranny and turning them into a drift vehicle

Here is the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCBdQqUGnjE

I'm actually tempted to buy one and drop in one of my motors.... I have a 1.5L SOHC, 1.6DOHC, 2.0L SOHC and 2.0 DOHC sitting in my garage awaiting good homes in fun cars.
Last edited by PrecisionBoost on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

thats all you need, another car to mess with lol. but seriously that looks like it could be ALOT of fun!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

a another way to try and kill youself. LOL :lol:
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

I want one. I really really really want one.
SAZ
---------------------
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

Pir0 wrote:I want one. I really really really want one.
you would
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lmao, what's that mean?
SAZ
---------------------
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

daewoomofo wrote:thats all you need, another car to mess with lol. but seriously that looks like it could be ALOT of fun!
Ya.... I know....I need another vehicle like I need a hole in the head...... but I need something to pull my boat in and out of the lake ( I have a lakefront cabin ) and I want to throw a snowplow on it in the winter to clear the road going up to my place so that I don't have to bring out a 4X4 during the winter.

A Chevy Optra 5 "winter car" is not going to be able to handle 2 or 3 feet of snow.... so it's either I buy a Quad, UTV (rhino,ranger,gator) or a mini truck for plowing snow.

The mini truck can go anywhere the Rhino/Gator/Ranger could since they are the same size.... but the mini truck is road legal and it gets 50MPG!!!! .... and most importantly it has a heated enclosed cab where as I'm going to freeze my ass off on a quad or UTV ( rembember where I live... it goes down to minus 40 degrees below zero :shock: )

The Mini Truck is about $8000 and only has 45,000km ( so what's that about 30K miles? )

The Quads are about that much and the UTV's are more like $10,000

So.... I'm sort of leaning towards the mini truck.... but as far as throwing in a different engine... I'd probably just keep what I have for now and see how it is for pulling my boat.... if it can't do it I will either add an electric motor or swap out the 660CC for a bigger engine like the 1.6L DOHC

I've talked to a few guys and they figure that it might be able to pull the boat around but it's going to be hard for it to pull it out of the water ( since the boat launch is at an angle and it requires more force to pull it that way )

I guess the only way I will know is to try it and see.

All that is left right now is for me to talk to my insurance agent and see if they will insure it... given its RHD they may not be too thrilled.... but the cab is so small that your only 2ft from the other door.... and the windows go all the way around..... so it should be pretty decent to drive.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

look up wildfire on ebay motors and find the 3 wheeled trucks...they get 50-60 mpg are road legal and only cost 6,000 USD new. Downside is they have a 650 cc two cylinder engine but dang for the price who cares...

JImmy
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well... I picked up one of these trucks for $7000..... which is about $4000 cheaper than a new Gator/Rhino/Ranger UTV

Works great.... it's 4X4 with an electric differencial lock.... which is to say all four wheels lock up together.... which would be cool for drag racing.

2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

reminds me of the trucks in Tokyo Drift :)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

its needs a C20GET!

but seriously congrats!, time to add it to your signature

Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

i say put a 2.0 turbo in :)
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

maybe 22's chrome? :lol:
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

what's the top speed? and mpg when you find out? ...I have a short commute to work and if the mpg's are good enough it might make an economical way to get parts from junk yards and get me to work while I fix the woo

Jimmy
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

jidasas wrote:what's the top speed? and mpg when you find out? ...I have a short commute to work and if the mpg's are good enough it might make an economical way to get parts from junk yards and get me to work while I fix the woo

Jimmy
here in the states if you need a small gas efeciant truck you can just get a s10 or a ranger. both can have 4 cylinders, and you could get one for less than 1500 if you dont car that it has some rust. hell my beater is a 93 f150 with the ford 300 straight 6, 194k on the odometer and still running strong. best $550 i ever spent.