I found it strange!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

nefary
Junior

I found it strange!

Post by nefary »

I am planing to buy a used woo and I went to a market which they import used cars from all over the world.I found a strange thing . I found that they have Nubira 2 model which made i 1998!!!. how? I knew that nubira 2 is a model starting in the year 2000. and this is not the only strange thing! I found that it has a 1.5 dohc engine !!!!

anyody heared about that before?
buddha102
Expert

Re: I found it strange!

Post by buddha102 »

nefary wrote:I am planing to buy a used woo and I went to a market which they import used cars from all over the world.I found a strange thing . I found that they have Nubira 2 model which made i 1998!!!. how? I knew that nubira 2 is a model starting in the year 2000. and this is not the only strange thing! I found that it has a 1.5 dohc engine !!!!

anyody heared about that before?
hmmm..........no clue mate

maybe its a prototype? lol
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Maybe a modified vehicle. Check the VIN embossed on firewall. This gives you original config.
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

no guys it is not a one sample here . I found more than 20 unit of the same type. the reseller told me that is the korean Nubi which is on the korean streets. I need to verify this issue from korean members here.
I thought that the store guy was ignorant but when I opened the hood I found the car identification plate written on it engine type something like X15XX ( the X here is a letters I can't remember ) but I knew that in any engine code the numbers related to the displacement of the engine. I will go to see more cars next week to verify theis and have more photos
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

their are a few of them here in Egypt and they are all imported from outside... engine would look like standard 1.6 nubira engine but it is a 1.5

check on nilemotors forum and you will find a couple of members already bought that car such as ads member

those cars have a different auto tranny that depends heavily on electric and electronic parts and it is hard to maintain in here... also their is a few differences in engine management than the standard nubira.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
nefary
Junior

and the performance?

Post by nefary »

mmmmm that is nice . but I need to know more about the performance did you hear about the performance?

and about the electrical and electronic parts. I think the auto transmission is a solid part and hard to maintain anyway here in egypt. and the electrical and electronic parts are easy to maintain more than mechanical auto trans. parts. I think the point in the spare parts.

but in yur opinion is this trans better than the exist one ( which I heared that it has many problems ) .

need a feedback!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

well... guys that bought those cars are trying to save money as much as they can so they never pushed their cars over 100 or so :D

keep in mind that those are OBDII engines so they got cam position sensors, 2 O2 sensors and 2 cat converters and their ECU got 3 big sockets so it is a very different car when it comes to management and spare parts... those guys had to buy optra stuff from chevy dealers for $$$ to fix some problems.

same goes for the tranny... even if it was more durable than the one we got, when it develops problems it will ruin your life.

i say don't lose the biggest advantage that daewoo have (spare parts and easy maintenance) and stay away from those 1.5 nubiras... you can get a 1.6 lanos as it is basically a 1.5 lanos with nubira engine so you will face no problems is maintenance and spares.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

well I have a friend of mine have the 1.6 nubira but it is no longer exist in the imported car market. and the 1.6 lanos is rare in there also . but when I try to develop my self I will try to change from lanos to Nubira . about the auto tranny I can buy a manual one but I am asking about the performance of that 1.5 DOHC engine I never heared about before.

in another hand Can anybody in the forum help me importing a woo from europe or south korea or even america ? I need to know the prices and shipping values
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

well I have a friend of mine have the 1.6 nubira but it is no longer exist in the imported car market. and the 1.6 lanos is rare in there also . but when I try to develop my self I will try to change from lanos to Nubira . about the auto tranny I can buy a manual one but I am asking about the performance of that 1.5 DOHC engine I never heared about before.

in another hand Can anybody in the forum help me importing a woo from europe or south korea or even america ? I need to know the prices and shipping values