Sadly, Time to Say Goodbye to My First Daewoo...

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Sadly, Time to Say Goodbye to My First Daewoo...

Post by BosnianLanos »

Sad, but true, the green Daewoo will be packing it's bags and leaving me. I've decided to sell the car... but that's not bad news!

The reason for the sale is that my sister recently was hired to work in Spain. She'll be moving come October, and her car will go to my family. Rather than sell her car (which is in better condition), I've decided to get rid of my Green Daewoo. No one has been driving it, and paying for registration and insurance is adding up! Besides, we don't need 4 cars for 3 people!

But why is it not bad news? Because, as promised, I have the Daewoo running like a top! The engine is in peak condition, with excellent compression. The transmission is nice and strong, with a new pan, pan gasket, filter, and fluid. All the belts are new, the spark plugs are new, the plug wires are new, the ignition coil is new, the battery is new, the valve cover gasket is new, and to top it all of, the AC WORKS! I recently put on the new compressor and reattached the lines. Blows Icy. I even had it pressure tested. This car hasn't had AC since 2002!

The engine has been returned to full stock, with the plastic black/silver "DAEWOO, E-Tec 16V" upper cam cover, and full upper and lower timing covers The only thing left to speak of ANY of my modifications is the CAI (because I couldn't find the stock tubing).

I've been driving the car around for the past week to ensure proper operation...and I haven't been displeased! Gas mileage is good, no strange noises, shudders or smells, great idle, great AC, and best of all NO LEAKS and NO OIL BURNING! The car used to burn a little bit of oil before the head rebuild due to the bad valve seals. Thats all gone now! It's even returning about 26 MPG in the city! Even the paint is shiny!

The interior is an 8/10, the ABS brakes work SO WELL, everything, everything works!

It's sad to see it go, but if I had to sell it, I'd rather sell it in fully working condition and not have it towed out like a parts car. My family bought this car BRAND NEW off of the lot in 1998. It was the first big purchase we had after coming to America, it's been through hell and back with me and I can honestly say that I love this car. When my dad drove it, it put food on the table, when I drove it, it got me to school and back every day...without fail. It started my love of cars and engineering.

But with that said, it is time to move on. I'll be listing it in the local papers, Auto-Trader, and it'll have "FOR SALE" signs on it. I'll be asking for $1100-$1300. Probably less! Just something to offset the cost of the parts and insurance over the past two years of it sitting.

It'll make a good reliable first car for a kid driving to school or a great gas saver for someone that's feeling the hurt of gas prices.

But in other news. THE RED DAEWOO IS STAYING WITH ME, NO WORRIES!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

if you were closer id buy it, just to keep it going strong....over 200k miles.....yeah...daewoos are garbage, yeah right!

bummer to see it go, but glad your keeping your red one.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!