So

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Isaac

So

Post by Isaac »

So any idea were I can get one of these intakes??

I was surfing/ browsing after i found out my engine code was c16nz... And heres the link from the original source... P.s. its in german.. :shock:
And thanks PrecisionBoost for the info :D
http://www.tuning-freaks-pfalz.de/Forum ... rtsearch=1
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i don't know about the part that have "GM" on it but the rest of the intake looks like it is made of plumbing PVC pipes

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

I done plumbing with a friend and that doesnt look like any standard bathroom/kitchen, or heating pipe.

As for the part that says GM... that's a standard tophat that came on the 1.3/1.4/1.6 carbed engines. [Not sure if they're all identical, but outside the look similar.]
SAZ
---------------------
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

that is the poorest intake ive ever seen. worse than just havin a filter on the end of the stock intake tube. looks like intake velocity would take a shit on ya with the pipe so big like that and it looks like scrap PVC pieces put together with some blue paint. fail.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

yeah, thats a bit overkill on the plumbing pvc pipe side of things. lol
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

If the filter inside that pipe is sealed against the pipe then there's nothing wrong with it. In the end it will only have one route to go too, and it will all go to the filter, so, in my opinion, the bigger the pipe at the start the better as it'll catch more air, no?

I know you'd idealy want to reduce the size to match the size of the filter or even the plenumn size if you're not using a cone filter, but even at that. I bet he's getting a bit more air if that's run to the front of the car than a lot of other people are.
SAZ
---------------------
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

Pir0 wrote:If the filter inside that pipe is sealed against the pipe then there's nothing wrong with it. In the end it will only have one route to go too, and it will all go to the filter, so, in my opinion, the bigger the pipe at the start the better as it'll catch more air, no?

I know you'd idealy want to reduce the size to match the size of the filter or even the plenumn size if you're not using a cone filter, but even at that. I bet he's getting a bit more air if that's run to the front of the car than a lot of other people are.
but whats the point to more air if your not adjusting your fuel map to match it? (i dont know if he is or not but just saying). I always kind of thought you want to keep your intake velocity up as high as possible with a pipe that matched or was only slightly bigger than the hole on the throttle body. because if there isnt enough restriction wouldnt it be the same as running a car with no filter? you end up getting crummy gas mileage and loss of power.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

mikedudley17 wrote: but whats the point to more air if your not adjusting your fuel map to match it?
On a carby? lol
Just give the big "make things rich" screw a turn :D
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Also, is that carby or SPFI?
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the amount of air increase from a good CAI isnt like slapping on a turbo, its a small increase that the computer can compensate for. same with a carb

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol, It's carbed, his fuel map is as was said, a screw. It wont be the same, because the fuel pumps mechanical anyway. So it wont really matter much unless you adjust the carb, seeing as the more you rev the more fuel you get.

And about the intake velocity, if there's more getting to the inlet, which is the same size, wont it still be at a higher velocity than if it was only sucking in atmospheric air, rather than getting air sucked in, aswell as getting forced in from air pushing it at whatever speed you're doing?
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

its not so far off that its gonna hurt any thing.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Isaac

Just look at the small box

Post by Isaac »

I know a couple months later I reply on this subject. I've read the previous information, but I just wonder if I should, get a CAI for a throttle body. And if so, from what car model can I get a top hats from? (Based on the First image I posted.)