Found an Opel Astra G (newer) in USA

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Found an Opel Astra G (newer) in USA

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Check it out.... it's a real Opel Astra registered in California... quite cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Tru ... .m14.l1318
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

wow, nice find, hope the new owner finds their way here.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Front lights look like crap.

Look like they've all clogged up inside with dirt etc from maybe a crack or small hole.

or maybe they're just dirty? But could do with a new set of fronts.

Even over here, not that often you see a saloon-shaped astra g, that's not a convertible or coupe.
SAZ
---------------------
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

Pir0 wrote:Front lights look like crap.

Look like they've all clogged up inside with dirt etc from maybe a crack or small hole.

or maybe they're just dirty? But could do with a new set of fronts.

Even over here, not that often you see a saloon-shaped astra g, that's not a convertible or coupe.
Lights look like from Mercedes :lol:
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

"This Chevy Astra G is very close to a Chevy Cobalt. In 2002, Chevy made this vehicle for the foreign market and this one came from Mexico. It had Mexico plates prior to lien sale. It was transferred to a California registered vehicle and has a clear pink slip. This vehicle has no emissions and therefor will probably not pass California emissions standards. The buyer is responsible for registration and any smog required. It runs great and currently has 62,000 kilometers on it. Since it is not an American car, the gauges are all in liters and kilometers. It draws a lot of attention as it is very rare to see one of these cars. The engine appears to be the same as that in the Cobalt, a ecotech 2.2 liter. We used this vehicle as a daily driver for company business and never have had any problems. We are updating the fleet and have replaced it with a Mitsubishi. It has a dual gearing switch on it which changes the gear ratio some how. It goes very fast on the freeways when this button is pushed. It also has a sport mode. It is a lot of fun to drive. Because of the bidding history and this is the third time this car has been listed, I will take no bid unless the bidder has a rating of 10 or higher with no negative feedback. Any bidder not meeting these qualifications must contact me first prior to bidding to express interest. I any unauthorized bidder bids, their bid will be canceled by me. There will be no bid interferrence on this item whatsoever. Happy bidding."

thats awesome, wish my car had a go faster button.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Pir0 wrote: Even over here, not that often you see a saloon-shaped astra g, that's not a convertible or coupe.
It says it somehow came from Mexico and has a clear title.... which is really strange because I didn't think the USA allowed importing cars that don't allready exist in the market.

I've only seen one other real Opel Astra for sale and it came in through a military guy who brought it back from Germany.

Needless to say... it was a surprize to see one.

Now we have the Saturn Astra finally..... so for the first time in quite a long time we have an Astra back in North America
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

The GSI turbo'd astra G's were the only nice ones. There was an SRI turbo which wasnt as quick as the GSI, was released before-hand as a teaser basically. And the sxis etc don't hold a candle to the GSI turbo.

The non-turbo SRi's have a ridiculous backbox. Doesnt suit the car AT ALL. You could almost trip over it, it sticks out that much. Think it's the Irmscher one they come with.
SAZ
---------------------