2008 update ~ "Gas price's"

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Spider
Expert

2008 update ~ "Gas price's"

Post by Spider »

The old, last years price: (scroll down for new current price's)

Price's as of June 27, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bakersfield California, USA

For one US gallon of 87 octane gas, the price is :

$3.19 usd (highest)

$2.89 usd (lowest)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.
Now we have been informed that gasoline consumers in western and southern states of the United States are not getting the full amount of gas that we think we are.
This is because gas expands in the hot summer months and the molecules are larger and subsequently we are not really getting a full gallon. Even though the gas pump says its a gallon and we are paying for one. :roll:
Fill your gas tank in the early morning.
The best temperature for gas is about 60 degrees above zero (Fahrenheit) or about +15 C
--------------------------------------------------------
GasBuddy :

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NEW UPDATE:
for todays date: May 26, 2008

Highest price is now $4.29 usd (Chevron)
Lowest price is now $3.79 usd (Arco)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOW !
almost a dollar more a gallon now for 87 octane in less that one year !
where will it stop ?
soon we will be driving "Flintstone" cars ?

:lol:
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

if i could afford to id get me a motorcycle for goin to work and basic errands. but atm i am strapped for cash. its outrageous, and there are so many things/people to blame including ourselves. basically i am striving to get the best mileage outta my car as possible. the best way to do that is LAY OFF THE GAS PEDAL and keep the revs low.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

It's about 1.30 a LITRE over here, expect to be 1.50 by september, and probably 2.00 by the new year.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

some places round here its about £1.15 per litre, getting near £6 per UK gallon.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I spent $465usd on my last credit card statement. I only have about 4-5 gallons left :roll:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Do youy buy shitloads of petrol at one time, to last you for ages, then another large batch?
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

he probly uses one credit card for petrol and nothing but. thats what i do aswell - mostly.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Gas prices are going up every other day here........ depressing.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

It's the same everywhere m8. :(
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

there was something on the news again last nite about the petrol transport drivers' strike to try and get the fuel duty price dropped to 25p... i do hope the money scamming government does something about it.

the thing that pisses me off most is how greedy governments can be, they dont care... the more they charge us the more free petrol they get thru us paying higher fuel taxes. and road tax... my 1.3 lanos' annual road tax at the moment is £210 (how? - compared to a porsche boxster 2.5 which is £185 annually)

too bad there arent any tax-exempt daewoo's in existence.
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

^wow that is messed up, a porsche tax is cheaper than a woo tax.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Pir0 wrote:Do youy buy shitloads of petrol at one time, to last you for ages, then another large batch?
More like shitloads of petrol at a time to last me days. :roll:

This weekend was a bit excessive, but I drove 350miles and didn't go out of town. Most of the cost is because I drive a 4wd SUV that I'm lucky to get 13.5mpg in the city. My woo gets double that...but after 1.5years we still can't get it running. I was trying to get my lanos going to save money but now with my lacetti still not working and having no ideas left I think I'm going to put the 2.0 meant for my lanos in my lacetti.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
drjdup

Post by drjdup »

just picked up my Lanos last week so not sure what the actual mpg is... I can tell you though that I did purchase it because gas will hit $5 this summer here in the states... this is my first 4 banger! unfortunately there's nothing our gov't will or could do about gas prices... I would rather them stay out of it!!!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Well the UK has one of the highest fuel duty prices in all of europe, which is crap. Although it hasnt changed in a while, it's still way too high, and with the increase in cost of petrol, there's in increase in the VAT, which makes them more money.

I don't see why they can't lower the fuel duty, which essentially lowers the price of petrol, seeing as they're making more and more money through the VAT as the price of petrol rises.
SAZ
---------------------
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

For 4 cylinders, our Daewoos aren't THAT great on gas. Normal driving in the city with an automatic will net about 25 or so MPG. Not bad, but not Honda. Push it only a bit harder and it'll drop to 23-24 in the city. Manual, if driving like a serious grandma around town, will get about 27-29 MPG, which is respectable. Highway miles are anywhere from 32-36...depending on speed, AC use, etc.

I've cut my driving...a lot. I'm staying off of the throttle and off of Nitrous, planning my trips better. It helps...I only pick up gas maybe twice a month. 10ish gallon tank...about $38 to fill it up. Realistically, thats only $15 more per tank than two years ago. Aka $360 a year. I get payed around $200/day, so a day-and-a-half's wages are spent on the higher gas prices. Not too bad, I guess. It could be worse. At least it's not crippling yet. Wait till gas hits $5-$6 a gallon here. Then we're in for problems.

Local prices here are about $3.89/gallon of regular, $4.05 for premium.