Aveo Members

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Tim04
Super

Aveo Members

Post by Tim04 »

I have been searching around for Aveo owners as well, and I found so many scattered around Chevy forums or Yahoo groups. I invited them all to come and join the ranks of Daewootech so we can learn more about their cars. I hope it works. :wink:
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Good idea..... I was thinking the same thing but I haven't had a chance.

It does seem like we are getting more and more members each day.... which is allways a good thing.
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Yah, it might be working already. I got an email from one person last night. Even though I was cordial to him I made sure to stand firm on the fact that he should be checking the forum out first to see if he could get better answers then I could ever offer. :lol:

It seems to be going well so far and I will keep it up so we can see what happens. Hopefully we can get those guys in here and have'em tell us about the likenesses between our cars and theirs. :D
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

I am a Aveo owner new to this forum, What I have found out is the aveo is a Daewwo Kalos with the Lanos drivetrain. 1.6 etec II engine mine has the 5 speed, don't know which one. Am hoping to up the power of this little car. Chevy/GMDAT needs some aftermarket parts for these cars. or toyota is gonna kill us with the Scion Xa(which is made to be customizable. I want to sqeeze 130 hp out of the 1.6. If honduh can get 160 hp out of a 1.6 why can't we?
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Erfinder wrote:Good idea..... I was thinking the same thing but I haven't had a chance.

It does seem like we are getting more and more members each day.... which is allways a good thing.
I've thinking about that for a while... but like you i havent had a chance...

everyone is free to use this banner for your signatures at other sites

Thank you all for your support and sorry that i havent had enough time to help you guys here :roll:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Just checked the site stats...

Month -- Number of requests

feb ----- 222,227
march-- 212,212
april --- 271,332
May 13 - 107,281

We're doing pretty good... :roll:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

That is good news....I know i'm new here (just over a month) but I love it here. I want to spread the Daewoo gospel :lol:

I'm hoping that enough new Daewoo owners like Brian5475E (welcome BTW) and myself will join and retain membership here. I have been talking to alot of aftermarket companies regarding development for the 2.0 as well as the 1.6 and so far I've got replies from Shark Racing, TeamSR, K&N, APC, Toucan, and Injen. So far only the companies that already deal with Korean cars have really commited to saying that the wheels are in motion on part development, and the other ones are truly waiting on market research as far as volume sales and demand. So having a large forum with a large member base is truly a plus when bringing the offer to the table. I becomes a we, and we is a much more powerful word when it comes to a profit margin for a company. For instance K&N makes the new Typhoon CAI now, and it's really nice. They know if they make it for the Civics, Jettas, and Focus that it's gonna move of the shelf. Market research shows that people tune these models and their volume sales are really high. The Daewoo sales are going stong but are peanuts compared to Civic sales. We may not ever reach that level but I believe if we show them a genuine demand and a growing market for our vehicles they will be better inclined to at least get the ball rolling ya know? i want to have my car show ready by this time next year (money willing :oops: ). Yet I want to do this without an arsenal of Homemade intake tubing and Parts Store accesories. There is nothing wrong with that if you dont plan to have the hood of your car open for aproval from judges, but I plan to. So to sum it all up I look foward to an increase in membership here in the coming months that shadows that of the past. The way I look at it, with the limited amount of resources available to us...if you have a computer with internet access and you drive a Daewoo built automobile, and you speak even a lick of english you sholuld be a member here. We cant forget about the Verona/Magnus guys either that 2.5L inline 6 has potential. :D I've even probed suzuki about bringing the prototype agtermarket parts into the dealerships as an option on new vehicles kind of like Mazda does with Mazdaspeed. And Scion is doing. No as any common fool would expect everyone is not going to buy the performance hop-ups available but if they would give it a chance I think they would be surprised on how many people would. Not only that, but just the sheer traffic through the dealership to check out said parts would move a few vehicles. I've got my fingers crossed waiting for a response. Take for instance the Aveo Extreme.....perfect case in point for anyone who happens by a Chevy dealership or Suzuki in Canada (No I didn't forget about our Canadian brothers) :) Browses by a few photos and keywords here "AVAILABLE PARTS" who is to say the potential customer won't say :shock: "Hey I like those clear tailights...how much?"
ya know.

I'm long winded because I am excited about the possibilities, I truly am, and I believe everyone else should feed from the excitement that is flowing through this forum!
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

BTW I will be using that banner, in my post and on my cardomain site as well.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Brian5475E wrote:I want to sqeeze 130 hp out of the 1.6. If honduh can get 160 hp out of a 1.6 why can't we?
Another member by the name of Stefan (who is from the UK) sent me an email on an article about the Vauxhall 1.6L (which we belive is the same as the Daewoo 1.6L )

I don't have the article here with me (I'm at work) but it said that most of the engine design was done by Lotus Engineering and that the engine was able to put out something like 156bhp without any sort of reliability problem.

I guess they decided to go with 107hp (in the UK) as a comprimize between horsepower,torque,emissions and fuel economy.

So you should be able to get 160hp from your 1.6L if it's set up right.

Too bad those parts they used to make it run at 156bhp weren't available here in North America.

Stefan said he would look into the aftermarket parts in the UK to see if they will work with the Daewoo..... I guess there are quite a few people over there that have highly modified 1.6L

I will ask Stefan if he minds me posting the article for all of you to read... hopefully I will get it up this weekend (or Stefan might do it)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

See the post about the 1.6L engine information in the Engine seciton
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

check this out. looks like the 1.6 can be supercharged

http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_gm_readies_aveo/
CustomVW

Post by CustomVW »

Brian5475E wrote:check this out. looks like the 1.6 can be supercharged

http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_gm_readies_aveo/
Thanks! Very interesting article!
LacettiForenzaOptra

Post by LacettiForenzaOptra »

Hi everyone. My name is Matt. I've got a site on Cardomain.com under AVEOKALOS: http://www.AveoKalos.tk You'll like it if you're a fan of the Kalos, Aveo and/or Swift+. Now here I'm 'LacettiForenzaOptra'

Thanks for inviting me to 'DaewooTech.com'.
Last edited by LacettiForenzaOptra on Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt - LacettiForenzaOptra
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

My Pleasure,
I hope you enjoy it here and can make a contribution towards the growth of our little family here. Invite all your friends as well :D We need to learn more about the Aveo and see what it's owners are up to. :D

Take care Matt!!