The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

lanos2001 wrote:well they're getting older and people want newer stuff i guess. thats the only main reason i'm hearing really.

nick
yeah, or the car crapped out on them.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I want to get some money together and go to California and pick up that Manual Nubi HB... that would be nice... it has been on autotrader for a while...
a woo that is a work in progress
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I wouldn't think about it if my car was manual, but it's an auto... and... yeah... So it's not as cool...
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

Aneab wrote:I want to get some money together and go to California and pick up that Manual Nubi HB... that would be nice... it has been on autotrader for a while...
Nubi hatches are badass.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i've only seen one before in town but it disappeared to be never seen again. i tried to follow the guy but he was going the other way and it was rush hour. i would've offered to buy it from him.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

yeha i wnat to either do a manual conversion, or buy a nubi hb with a manual already in it... I've seen two manual nubi hatches for sale online... one in the UK and one in cali, the cali one is pretty cheap... only $2300 if i remember right...
~kyle
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

Aneab wrote:yeha i wnat to either do a manual conversion, or buy a nubi hb with a manual already in it... I've seen two manual nubi hatches for sale online... one in the UK and one in cali, the cali one is pretty cheap... only $2300 if i remember right...
~kyle
PM'd u about the lugs.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I really was kind of curious, would any of you know how much work goes into putting in a manual tranny, I can get one here for 300$... and when i get my motorcycle i hope to ride that and work on the woo a bit to get it into respectable shape... Just wondering how worth it it would be to do the swap...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Audacityracing wrote:have you ever had one of those days that started to suck... and then totally just blew?

i was taking the wheels off the hatch when the 4th bolt on the driver-side wheel was a little stiff. i didn't think much of it... until THE BOLT SNAPPED IN HALF!!!! now i have a lug bolt broken off inside the hub :roll:

i was going to change out the brakes when the two 10mm allen head bolts were really stiff... so i whipped out the ol ratcher with the long handle and then attached a pipe to it (more leverage)... THE RATCHET BROKE!!! :evil: :evil:

sooooo... i'll be going to autozone and sears tomorrow to get a new ratchet and a new lug bolt, as well as a bolt remover and a breaker bar :roll:
i got that some 3 years ago... one on the right front wheel and one on the left fron one, went to a workshop and the guy used a riller to put a hole in the broken part of the lug bolt and then used bigger and bigger drilling head till the lug bolt was all used up and the problem was solved.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

daewoomofo wrote:any 1 know where to get rear drums cheap?
try www.tirerack.com.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Audacityracing wrote:drums....

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/perfo ... randid=335

there ya go :D
the pic on the site got nothing to do with our drums... it is either a wrong part or just an illustrative pic.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Aneab wrote:I've got to be honest, this is the only forum i have ever stuck with looking at for more than a 3 weeks... 8) I guess i really like learning what you all have to teach, especially since it all can help me =)

So thanks for giving me something to read when i'm not doing anything else :D
you are welcome, you remind me of the time i first joined the daewootech yahoo group... their was some 4000 posts already and i knew nothing about daewoos at that time... took me almost a month to read almost every post till i learned most things i want to learn.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Aneab wrote:I really was kind of curious, would any of you know how much work goes into putting in a manual tranny, I can get one here for 300$... and when i get my motorcycle i hope to ride that and work on the woo a bit to get it into respectable shape... Just wondering how worth it it would be to do the swap...
not really sure but every body agree it is too much time to be worth it... maybe i am wrong but even planning for the swap is rather complecated.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

jajajajaja dabastaaaaa flggggaaawaaaasaaa gagagaga

it is about time to start posting meaningless stuff huh? :lmao:

MMamdouh
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Well i know now that the mounts are supposedly different on nubi manuals and nubi autos and i'm not sure if the engine is moved from the position it's in at the moment as an auto... So that's one potential headache... I just hope there aren't too many headaches to stop me from doing a conversion, because it's something i would have fun doing... even if it was complicated and took time...

the really big thing thing for me is... I want a manual car, but i don't want to give up having my nubi HB... I love the style of the car, and the feel of it on the road... It's very sporty...

~Kyle